2014 Session Materials
Highlights from the conference include:
Former Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar delivered the Keynote Address for the 2014 RMLUI Conference. Click here to watch the video.
Dynamics of the Land Use Case: Elements, Strategy and Presentation
This day-long, soup-to-nuts workshop explored the process of land use development. Click here to download the workshop flyer.
Featured Track: Conservation in Metropolitan Regions
RMLUI was very pleased to work with the Metropolitan Greenspaces Alliance (MGA) to develop this year’s featured session track.
RMLUI’s Home Study
RMLUI’s Home Study sessions provide an ideal option to maintain your professional credentials. Each block of videos presents a selection of panels from RMLUI’s Annual Land Use Conference and is accredited for CLE and AICP continuing education credits.
For more information about the sessions and registration information, please visit the Home Study web page.
- Applying Koontz in a Real World Setting (The First Perspective: Koontz Will Exact a Toll on Land Use Conversations)
- Creative Financing for Urban Infill (Overview, Powers and Governance of Special Districts and Urban Renewal Authorities)
- New Frontiers in Land Conservation (The Private-Public Interface and Opportunities for Incentives, Innovation, Landowners, and Land Conservation Organizations)
- The Right Things in the Wrong Places (We Can Roll Back the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012—But We Can’t Roll Back Mother Nature)
- Juergensmeyer, Julian – Can Government Prevent the Next Bust? The Rationale for Needs-Based Permitting
- Wafaie, Tareq – Calibrating Smart Growth and Sustainability Concepts for Small Towns and Rural Areas
- Warren, Ryan; Clark, Tom; McLain, David – Crashing Colorado’s Recovery? The State of Construction Defect Litigation