Degrees in Taxation
The Graduate Tax Program at the University of Denver has been a leader in the education of tax professionals for over 40 years. The demand for our graduates continues to increase, along with the complexity of our nation’s tax laws. Our curriculum combines both the law and accounting aspects of tax practice, giving our graduates the ability to provide thoughtful, practical advice to their clients.
We offer an LLM for lawyers, Master of Taxation for accountants and other graduate students, and a flexible online program for those who can’t be here in person.
Degree Programs & Information
Graduate Tax Courses
- International Taxation – Inbound – TAX 4050
- International Taxation – Outbound – TAX 4150
- Special Topics in International Taxation
- State & Local Taxation – TAX 4590
- Estate & Gift Taxation – TAX-4025
- Estate Planning – TAX4225
- Fiduciary Income Taxation – TAX 4125
- Tax & Financial Planning – TAX 4055
- Taxation of Mergers & Acquisitions – TAX 4065
- Taxation of Startups & Venture Capital
- Consolidated Returns – TAX 4550
- S Corporations – TAX-4015
- Exempt Organizations – TAX-4045
- Planning for Closely Held Businesses
- Advanced Tax Procedure
- Ethics in Tax Practice
- Low Income Taxpayer Clinic - TAX-4415
- Tax Accounting - TAX-4035
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Employment Tax
- Qualified Plans
- Natural Resources Taxation - TAX 4060
Earn Your Degree Online
Our entire program is offered online for students who are unable to travel to campus. As an online student, you will have access to the same courses, materials, and assignments. You will also receive the same level of attention from faculty as on-site students.
Course delivery includes:
- Rich-media recordings of each live classroom presentation, which can be accessed live or later on-demand.
- A robust online learning platform where students can access course media and materials, submit work and quizzes, and interact with professors and other students.
- Ability to participate in online discussions with students in Denver and around the globe.
“The University of Denver has been an exceptional fit for my needs. The online Graduate Tax Program has allowed me to receive a top-notch education while also allowing me to do it on my own time.” — Elisabeth Burak, Online Student, '19
Sturm College of Law Scores Victory at 20th Annual ABA Tax CompetitionThis victory marks the third year in a row the University of Denver has had a team place in the top three and the second win for DU in three years.
DU Team Wins Second Place at the ABA Law Student Tax ChallengeA University of Denver Sturm College of Law team recently won second place at the national ABA Law Student Tax Challenge–LLM division.
DU Teams Take Top Honors at ABA Law Student Tax ChallengeTwo University of Denver Sturm College of Law teams won first and second place at the national ABA Law Student Tax Challenge–LLM division in New Orleans last weekend. The team of Christine Kuglin (JD/LLM) and Kasia Parecki (JD/LLM) earned top honors and the team of Gretchen Bundy-Ladowicz (LLM) and Dave Wilson (LLM), both online students, took second place honors in the competition.