The Office of Career Development (CDO) is dedicated to helping Denver Law students and alumni meet the needs of today's dynamic legal workplace. From the career planning stage, through applications, interviews and beyond, we can help you every step of the way. In particular, we pride ourselves in helping JD, master's, LLM and graduate tax students connect with our vast network of alumni and other professionals, in Denver, throughout Colorado and beyond.
Student & Alumni Resources
The Career Development Office played a significant role in my post-graduate experience. As a law student, I was very nervous about finding a job that would be rewarding both vocationally and financially. The CDO team worked zealously alongside me to help me find the best possible situation. In short, the CDO is well-connected, enthusiastic, and eager to find lasting careers for its students.Colton Johnston, Associate Attorney, Jackson White, P.C.
The CDO is your lifeline to highly qualified, well-prepared students, recent graduates and alumni to meet your needs. Through hiring assistance, on-campus and off-campus interviews and programming we can find you the perfect candidate.
Online Career Resources
Access job postings and free career development information and job search advice, as well as research your target employers, with our hand-selected list of favorite websites.
- Hoover’s Online Company Database: provides histories, financial information and profiles of worldwide public and private companies.
- Corporate Counsel
- General Employment/Job Search Resources
- General Legal Employment
- International Jobs
- Judicial Clerkship Resources
- Online Resources
- Public Interest
Career fairs are a great opportunity for you to meet with many enthusiastic and talented law students who are eager to learn about career options and to gain experience in a variety of settings. You will be able to discuss, with interested students, your organizational structure and/or opportunities within your organization.
- Annual CU/DU Government & Public Interest Law Career Symposium
- Executive Diversity Career Opportunities Fair
The fair is presented by CollegeJournal.com, The Wall Street Journal’s site for executive-track college students and recent graduates; and by Lucas Group, a national executive search firm headquartered in Atlanta.
- Lavender Law Career Fair
- NALSA Conference
Each semester, the Office of Career Development presents innovative programming designed to help students identify career goals and develop the tools to achieve them. In addition to offering a number of specialized programs each semester, the CDO regularly presents the following programs:
- How to Get a Government Job
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing Workshop
- Interviewing/Networking Workshop
- Partners at Law (PALs)
- Opportunities for Lawyers in Corporate Legal Departments
- Career Information Fair
The cover letter is your first – and possibly only – opportunity to engage a prospective employer. It is a key marketing tool to convince the employer to take the time to look at your resume. Think of it as “bait” that you are using to “hook” the reader. Attorneys or law firm recruiting coordinators are searching for a reason to dismiss your application. Don’t give it to them by writing a cover letter that is rambling and poorly written or contains typos or grammatical errors.
The CDO can help you create a cover letter that best “hooks” potential employers to consider your application. Before meeting with a Career Consultant, make sure to check out our cover letter tips:
What Can We Do For You?
Your job search doesn’t end after you land that first job. You know that there is always room for change, for expansion, and for finding that “better fit.” If you are in the process of rethinking your career, or even if you’re just wondering what your options are, take advantage of the career services that Denver Law offers its alumni:
- Access to our Resource Library
Our Resource Library houses a variety of materials relating to the traditional practice of the law, alternative careers for lawyers, public interest work and careers in the non-profit sector. In addition, we have a notebook that includes all of our current job postings that are also available online.
- Attendance at Programs Sponsored by the Office of Career Development
The CDO sponsors many informative programs throughout the school year, all of which may be attended by alumni. The Career Information Fair, which is held early in the second semester of the school year, is of particular interest to many alumni, as it gives them the opportunity to talk with lawyers doing work in traditional and non-traditional settings. Many of our programs are videotaped and available for online viewing.
See Event Calendar
- Career Consulting
The CDO reviews resumes and cover letters, gives advice on job search strategies, and assists alumni considering a transition. We are happy to meet with our alumni at any point in their career, and the number of such counseling sessions is not limited.
What Can You Do for Us?
There are a number of opportunities for Denver Law alumni who are interested in remaining involved with and advancing the mission of the law school. At the Office of Career Development, alumni can help by:
- Registering online to become a member of Pioneer Connect.
- Participating in the Partners at Law (PALs) luncheon hosted by the Office of Career Development to allow students to meet alumni in an informal setting, and/or other networking programs at the College of Law.
- Serving as a speaker or panel member in the Law Practice Specialty Series where attorneys practicing in various specialty areas speak to students about the substantive and practical realities of working in these specialties.
- Access to our Resource Library
- View Spring 2020 Semester Program Videos
- View Fall 2019 Semester Program Videos
- View Spring 2019 Semester Program Videos
- View Fall 2018 Semester Program Videos
- View Spring 2018 Semester Program Videos
- View Fall 2017 Semester Program Videos
- View Spring 2017 Semester Program Videos
- View Fall 2016 Semester Program Videos
- View Spring 2016 Semester Program Videos
- Policies & Forms
Office of Career Development
University of Denver College of Law, 2255 E. Evans Avenue, Suite 223
Denver , CO 80208-1857
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Extended hours available by appointment