How to Apply for Tax Degrees
Upcoming Application Deadlines
Winter 2019 Quarter (classes begin on January 7):
- Domestic Applicants: December 10
- International Applicants: November 26
Spring 2019 Quarter (classes begin on March 25):
- Priority Deadline: March 11, 2019
Summer 2019 Quarter (classes begin on June 17):
- Priority Deadline: June 3, 2019
Fall 2019 Quarter (classes begin on September 9):
- Priority Deadline: July 29, 2019
- Complete online application including a non-refundable $65 application fee
Official transcripts of all college credits, sent to Graduate Tax Program directly from the college or university where the credit was earned. Previous University of Denver students are not exempt from this requirement.
- Our address for transcripts: Graduate Legal Studies, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2255 East Evans Avenue, Suite 390, Denver, CO 80208-0631.
For Master of Taxation applicants: GMAT scores are sent electronically to the Graduate Tax Program directly from GMAC (GMAT code number MZR-GT-68). We also accept GRE scores.
- GMAT/GRE Waivers: We will waive your GMAT/GRE test score requirement if you have received a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business administration degree with an accounting focus or you have passed all four parts of the CPA Exam. CPA verification must be sent as an official document from the testing authority to the Graduate Tax Program before you can register for classes.
- For LL.M. applicants: Proof of a J.D. degree from a college of law approved by the American Bar Association or its equivalent (such as an LL.B.). No GMAT or LSAT is required for the LL.M. program.
Personal Statement Essay
- Please provide a one-page narrative describing your background and professional goals.
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation (at least one is required)
- Students whose native language is not English and who have not received a degree from a U.S. institution must either submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550 (80 computer-based), an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 6.0, or successfully complete Advanced High Level at the University of Denver English Language Center under English Conditional Admission option.