Graduation & Bar Week
Graduation & Bar Week, held once during fall semester and once during spring semester each year, is a time for graduating law students to complete necessary tasks and learn about post-grad topics. Featuring a series of informative lunchtime presentations, the week is your opportunity to complete the Graduation Checklist, make arrangements with third-party vendors, and ensure you are ready to receive your degree, pass the bar, and become a licensed attorney.
The following schedule is from our most recent Grad & Bar Week programming. Graduates who miss the live lunchtime presentations are encouraged to view the video recordings at the links included below.
- Monday, September 18th, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Succeeding in Your Grad Job Search
Presented by the Career Development Office
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
- Tuesday, September 19th, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Road to Repayment
Presented by Roger Lane, Director of Student Financial Management
- Wednesday, September 20th, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Office of Attorney Regulation: Navigating the Bar Application
Presented by the Office of Attorney Admissions and CoLAP
Note: All lunchtime presentations are recorded, with links provided on this webpage by the Friday concluding Graduation & Bar Week programming.
Expand items in the list below for information about working with third-party vendors as you prepare for graduation.
Announcements, Thank-You Notes, Class Rings & Diploma Frames
Josten's online ordering is recommended as your graduation one-stop shop. Visit their website to browse graduation announcements, thank-you cards, class rings and law school diploma frames.
Note: Diploma frames can also be found at the DU Bookstore. You will need a frame that fits an 11" by 14" diploma.
Fingerprinting for the Colorado Bar Exam
Contact Colorado Fingerprinting or Identigo for off-campus fingerprinting services. These are the only two options accepted by the Office of Attorney Admissions. We invite a representative from Colorado Fingerprinting to be onsite at SCOL during Grad & Bar Week each semester.
Note: May graduates should not get fingerprinting done until the spring semester.
Class Composite Photo
All December 2023, May 2024 and August 2024 graduates must have their photos taken by Bettinger Photography during Graduation & Bar Week to be included in the class composite, which will be framed and hung within the law school. Getting headshots taken for the composite is free of charge for our graduating students (but does not include students receiving their images). Graduates will receive an email from Amber Rux with booking and deadline information.
Note: Failure to have your photo taken by Bettinger Photography during the fall or spring semester Graduation & Bar Week will result in exclusion from the class composite photo.
Photography Rules & Guidelines
To help ensure you get the best headshot possible, please adhere to the following rules and guidelines.
- Wear your hair and makeup as you normally would.
- Dress professionally — no hats or casual attire.
- Wear solid colors in medium or dark tones — avoid white unless it is under a coat or jacket.
- We strongly advise against wearing light blue pinstriped shirts or ties, as they do not photograph well in many digital formats.
- Photos will be retouched to remove blemishes and fly-away hair, soften lines, and reduce shine for your most professional look.
- All images on the final composite board must be of individual graduates — pictures with friends, family, pets, etc. will not be included.
- The Office for Student Affairs may elect to remove any image from the final composite board that is unprofessional, inappropriate or deemed to reflect poorly on the University. Student Affairs will make all final determinations regarding composition of the board.
Office for Student Affairs
University of Denver College of Law 2255 E. Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.