Associate Dean for Faculty Scholarship
Constitutional Law, Family and Domestic Relations, Legal Ethics and Legal Profession
Professor Aviel is a graduate of Yale College and Harvard Law School. She clerked for Judge Barry Silverman of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and practiced in the litigation department of Morrison & Foerster in San Francisco. She also spent two years as a staff attorney for the Ninth Circuit, specializing in civil rights, immigration, habeas corpus, and criminal appeals. Professor Aviel's research and teaching interests include family law, legal profession and professional responsibility, and constitutional law.
- JD, Law, Harvard Law School
- BA, Anthropology, Yale University
Licensure / Accreditations
- Licensed attorney
- Family Law and the New Access to Justice, 86 Fordham L. Rev. 2279 (2018).
- Rule 8.4(g) and the First Amendment: Distinguishing between Discrimination and Free Speech, 31 Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics 31 (2018).
- Faithful Unions, 69 HASTINGS L.J. 721 (2018).
- Counsel for the Divorce, 55 Boston College L. Rev. 1099 (2014).
- A New Formalism for Family Law, 55 William and Mary L. Rev. 2003 (2014).