Reuniting and it feels so GOOD… with determined efforts, you and your fellow alumni COULD!
Want to connect?
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law welcomes and encourages alumni to hold reunions as a way to re-connect with old friends, make new acquaintances, and support their alma mater. There are myriad ways to reunite, whether it’s by class year, law journal participation, student organization affiliation or general interest areas. We welcome your ideas and are here to support you!
The key to the success of your event will depend on the commitment
of very energetic, dedicated, and enthusiastic volunteers!
If you would like to plan a reunion, the alumni relations office can support your efforts by:
- providing contact lists of fellow classmates
- offering free event space at the law school
- sending out e-blast invitations and reminders*
- providing seasoned professors who can offer engaging lectures on current topics or share memories of your time at DU Law
- assisting with the development and tracking of a class, org or journal gift in support of scholarships or other endeavors
- providing logistical support
To ensure the success of your reunion, interested alumni must commit to:
- organizing a committee by reaching out to class leaders and coordinating committee meetings
- determining events that your committee believes will attract the most attendance
- selecting a date that is most amenable to your group and to the law school
- pinpointing where events will be held
- deciding on topics and speakers
- communicating your plans to the alumni relations office
- applying for CLE accreditation (the law school will cover the CLE application cost)
- designating the beneficiary of a class gift (our development office can assist with ideas)
- contacting classmates individually to encourage their attendance
Should you have an interest in taking on this worthwhile endeavor, we would love to hear from you. Please contact Laura Dean at email@example.com or 303-871-6122.
* E-blasts currently only reach about 40% of law alumni. We encourage you to help us collect current email addresses so we can better communicate about upcoming events!