Renewable Energy Law & Policy Summit
Second Annual Renewable Energy Law & Policy Summit: Driving the Development of Renewable Energy
Friday, October 19, 2012
University of Denver
Sturm College of Law
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Holland & Hart LLP
Breakfast Keynote Sponsor:
Welborn Sullivan Meck & Tooley, P.C.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE RECORDED SESSIONS FROM THE EVENT. NO CLE CREDIT WILL BE OFFERED FOR HOME STUDY.
7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m.-8:45 a.m.
Welcome from Dean Martin Katz, Sturm College of Law
8:45 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
Morning Keynote Address: Former Colorado Governor Bill Ritter
Breakfast Keynote Sponsor: Welborn Sullivan Meck & Tooley, P.C.
9:45 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
Renewable Energy and the U.S. Military
Moderator: Robert Noun, formerly of National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
• Robert Henke, ICF International
• Park Haney, U.S. Army Regional Environmental and Energy Office
• Bobi Garrett, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
The Role that Media Plays in Influencing Renewable Energy Policy
Moderator: Prof. Don Smith, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Program at Denver Law
• Deserai Anderson Crow, University of Colorado-Boulder, Center for Environmental Journalism
• Ben Markus, Colorado Public Radio
• Mark Jaffe, The Denver Post
12:30 p.m.- 1:45 p.m.
Luncheon Keynote Address: Dr. Susan Tierney, Analysis Group
1:45 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
RPS at Age 10: Where Have We Been? Where Are We Going?
Moderator: Mark Safty, Holland & Hart LLP
• Alice Madden, University of Colorado-Denver, School of Public Affairs
• Bill Holmes, Stoel Rives LLP
• Sakis Asteriadis, SunGen Capital
3:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
3:15 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
How are Municipalities Driving the Development of Renewable Energy?
Moderator: Prof. K.K. DuVivier, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Program at Denver Law
• Vicki Mayes, City of Boulder City, Nevada
• Karl Rábago, Rábago Energy LLC (Texas)
• Steve Lins, Glendale Water & Power (California)
4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Reception sponsored by Holland & Hart LLP
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law is committed to providing facilities that are accessible to persons with and without disabilities. We encourage persons with disabilities to contact Stefanie Carroll at 303.871.6076 or email@example.com for further information.