Have you joined a legal honor society yet?
By joining Phi Delta Phi, you will become a member in an international organization that first, and foremost, adheres to the mission statement promoting “a higher standard of professional ethics . . ..” There are numerous benefits to joining Phi Delta Phi, including, but certainly not limited to:
- Unmatched networking opportunities
- Honor society membership
- Opportunity to contribute to the planning of a one-of-a-kind legal ethics symposium
- Support from fellow PDPers while you navigate through your law school experience
- Resume building
- Scholarship opportunities
- Discounts on Geico Insurance, Avis car rental, and other services
- Camaraderie and fellowship with well-respected PDP alumni around the world
- Great PDP cord to wear at graduation!
To be eligible for active membership in Phi Delta Phi Brewer Inn, law students must be of exemplary moral character. Additionally, the majority of Phi Delta Phi Inns, including Brewer Inn, have adopted minimum standards of scholarship and academic standing for eligibility creating an honors organization. To be eligible for active membership, a law student must be of good moral character and in good academic standing at a law school in which a Student Inn is located. “In good academic standing” shall be defined as not less than the top 1/3 of the class or other recognized, scholastic, professional ethics or service standard in which the candidate for membership has excelled, including, but not limited to, membership on Moot Court, published journals, or service in legal clinics or community service as approved by the Council. There are no formal duties required of Brewer Inn members (excluding mandatory attendance at Initiation unless excused by a board member), though there are myriad ways for our members to get involved both at our events and serving as officers on the board. To join Brewer Inn at DU Law, you must:
- Pay a one-time membership fee. Fear not, however, because once you pay that fee you NEVER need to renew your membership as many bar associations require.
- Once you have filled out a membership application, just submit it with your check/money order to your Phi Delta Phi contact person.
- Then, all you need to do is attend the initiation ceremony and take your oath as a Phi Delta Phi!
Membership ID Numbers
Current Brewer Inn members will receive an email 4-6 week after initiation with their member ID numbers to use when they access the International Phi Delta Phi website . If you do not receive your member ID number, contact any Phi Delta Phi officer. You can also direct questions to the staff via the International website.