Student Learning Outcomes at Denver Law
1. Graduates will have acquired and will be able to apply foundational legal doctrine and concepts in core substantive areas.
2. Graduates will have developed critical thinking skills.
3. Graduates will have developed legal analysis and writing skills.
4. Graduates will have developed legal practice skills, for example, drafting, negotiation, interviewing, client counseling, and oral presentation.
5. Graduates will have developed a sense of professional identity, including characteristics of professionalism and practices associated with its development and maintenance.
The above Student Learning Outcomes guide Denver Law's assessment activities and reporting, to the ABA and to the University of Denver. A longer, more detailed list of student learning goals, resulting from faculty discussions and enumerated in 2011, is found here.