Student Affairs

Disability Accommodations

For more information on Disability Services please see the DSP website at

Requesting New Accommodations

In order to request new accommodations please follow the necessary steps below:

  1. Download and fill out the Intake Packet. Submit the packet and documentation from your doctor to the Office of Disability Services ( or in person at Disability Service office on the 4th floor of Ruffatto Hall.
  2. After DSP has reviewed your documentation they make their recommendation for accommodations to the Dean of Student Affairs. Either a member of the Student Affairs team or a DSP staff member will be in contact with you to let you know the accommodations for which you have been approved.
  3. Once DSP has approved you for accommodations, the Office of Student Affairs will work with you to receive your accommodations.

Please Note: It can take up to six weeks for Disability Services to review your documentation, so be sure to get your documentation to Disability Services ahead of time if you wish to receive accommodations on tests and exams.

Requesting Additional Accommodations

To request a new accommodation, or modification to an existing accommodation, students may contact DSP by email (, phone (303.871.2278) or in person (4th Floor of Ruffatto Hall). Students may also contact Student Affairs before reaching out to DSP first. You can contact Student Affairs by e-mail, phone (303.871.6108), or in person (Ricketson Law Building, Suite 115).

Accommodations cannot be retroactive; they can only be applied to current or future course work or University programming.

Exam Accommodations

In order to receive testing/exam accommodations you need to be approved by Disability Services and Student Affairs to receive such accommodations. Accommodations may include, but are not limited to, extended time testing, minimal distraction testing environments, etc.

  1. Please complete THIS FORM at least one week prior to your first exam. Use this form for midterms and final exams, and complete a form for each exam period and each semester.
  2. On the form you need to include the Class Name, professor, Date & Time of Exam, and Type of Exam (i.e. 2 hr. in class, take home, etc.) for each exam for which you wish to receive accommodations.
  3. Student Affairs will submit all information to the Registrar’s Office so they can set up times and rooms if necessary.


For Students Requiring Note Takers

You will need to submit the Peer Note-taking Accommodation Form to the Office of Student Affairs no later than one week (1 week) prior to the start of classes. Please include Class Name, Professor Name, CRN #, Time & Days of class, and Room number of class.

Note-takers have one week to post notes to TWEN from the end of a particular week. For example, notes for week one of a class will be posted no later than the end of week two.


Sturm College of Law
University of Denver
2255 E. Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80208