Careers and Externships
Graduate Legal Studies Career Services
The Office of Career Development & Opportunities (“CDO”) is dedicated to helping Denver Law graduate students and alumni succeed in their careers. From the career planning stage, through applications, interviews and beyond, we can help you every step of the way.
- We assist Master’s, LLM, and Graduate Tax students and alumni with their career planning.
- We help Master’s, LLM, and Graduate Tax students and alumni develop the skills necessary to obtain satisfying and meaningful employment.
- We connect Master’s, LLM, and Graduate Tax students, alumni and employers.
Make an Appointment
- Meet with us to identify career paths, develop your job search strategy, perfect your application materials, prepare for interviews, make networking connections and more.
- Schedule your meeting through your DU Law Careers Online (Symplicity) account or by contacting us directly at email@example.com or 303.871.6124.
Career Development Handbook
- The CDO Handbook is a comprehensive guide to assist you in your job search. Check out our chapters on resumes, cover letters, interview preparation, networking and more!
Search for a Job (Symplicity, PCO, on-campus employment)
- DU Law Careers Online (Symplicity)
- Pioneer Careers (login instructions to job database operated by central campus Career & Professional Development)
- Student Employment
Learn more about gaining real world experience through Denver Law’s externship program and whether this may be an option for you.
International students may have options to gain practical experience during and after their LLM programs. The staff in the International Student and Scholar Services office can talk with you about employment eligibility for F-1 and J-1 students. Please keep in mind that the US legal job market is a competitive one and that LLM graduates should set realistic expectations for any employment during or after their LLM program. The CDO staff is happy to talk with you about your career goals and opportunities that may fit your goals, skills, and experience.