To be completed by Juris Doctor students during final law school semester. Non-JD students must contact Graduate Legal Studies for their graduation checklist information.
- Students must apply for graduation via PioneerWeb no later than the last day of classes in the term prior to that of the intended graduation (e.g. Spring candidates must apply for graduation by the last day of classes for Fall). You need to apply for graduation even if you don’t intend to participate in commencement ceremonies. You can find step-by-step instructions here.
- The Office of the Registrar will complete preliminary degree audits for all students who apply for graduation. If you apply by the deadline, you will receive your degree audit by the end of the add/drop period for your intended graduation term.
- Visit the graduation vendors webpage for specific information about graduation announcements, composite photos, cap and gown ordering, fingerprinting, and class rings and diploma frames.
- Class Composite Individual Photos – All graduating Denver Law students must have their individual photos taken by Bettinger photography in order to be included in the annual class composite. This must be done at either Fall or Spring Grad and Bar Week. Failure to have your photo taken by Spring 2022 Grad and Bar Week will result in NOT being included in the annual framed composite. Photography will be on-site at SCOL the week of October 18th! More details to come regarding how to schedule your fall appointment! (SPRING 2022 GRAD AND BAR WEEK DATES ARE TBD)
- Find important Photography Rules and Guidelines here.
- If you plan to take the Colorado Bar, we will send a copy of your law school application and certification of graduation to the Colorado Bar directly upon receiving the list of applicants from them. You will sign a records release as part of your application. Please note that the College of Law will send your law school application and certification of graduation once all final grades are submitted. You may receive an automated notice from the CO Bar indicating that they have not received your certification. All certifications are sent at the same time, so you can disregard this message.
- If you plan to take a bar examination out-of-state, you must complete our records release form to request the College of Law to send documentation to an out-of-state attorney admissions office.
Career Development Office (CDO) exit interview:
- The CDO will announce the Exit Interview process in April. The CDO contact information is: Suite 223 / email@example.com / 303.871.6124.
- Ensure that you have all of the information you need regarding your upcoming graduation ceremony. Please visit the graduation ceremony webpage for details.
If you have any questions along the way, please contact the Law Registrar’s Office and we can help you or point you in the right direction.