Master's and LLM Degrees

Admitted/New Students FAQ

What is the DU ID (Banner ID) number?

You have been assigned a DU ID (Banner ID) number which was included in your admission letter/email (and most other application correspondence from our office). This ID number, which starts with “87,” is used to uniquely identify your records at the university. Having this number handy will help various offices on campus look up your student record.

What is the Pioneer ID card and where do I get it?

The Pioneer ID Card is your official identification while attending the University of Denver. All students are required to carry the ID card while on campus. The Pioneer ID Card allows you to access your Residence Hall, Anderson Academic Commons, the Ritchie Center, the Law Library, parking lots, and several academic buildings throughout campus. The Pioneer ID Card also functions as a debit card for the Meal Plan and the Flex debit account. The card allows students to purchase discounted tickets to DU entertainment and sporting events, such as hockey games and theater productions.

You can get your card at the Pioneer ID Card Office located in the Driscoll Center South on the lower level. More information can be found here.

What is PioneerWeb?

PioneerWeb is our online student portal. Through webCentral, you can pay your tuition deposit, view your financial aid award information, and complete many other tasks, such as: registration, adding courses, waiving your health insurance, etc.

To access PioneerWeb, you will need your DU ID (Banner ID) number and a password. The first time you access PioneerWeb, your default password will be your birth date in MMDDYY format.

As an admitted student, you will have access to the “Incoming Graduate Student” tab, which will have a lot of information for incoming students. Once you pay your deposit, you will receive access to the “Student” tab which will have additional functions that are available only to deposited students (waiving health insurance, paying your bill, registration, etc).

Is there a tuition deposit required?

Yes, in order to confirm your intention to attend Denver Law, you will need to submit a deposit by the deadline indicated in your acceptance letter. There is a $250 deposit for the Graduate Tax Program and $300 deposit for all other programs. The deposit is non-refundable and will be credited toward your first tuition payment. Our tuition payment center allows you to pay your deposit using electronic check (ACH) for no fee or a credit card with a nominal fee (3%).

How do I pay the tuition deposit?

To pay your tuition deposit online:
Go to: PioneerWeb (login instructions above)
Go to the “Incoming Graduate Student” tab
Follow the directions under “Submit Admission Deposit” in the center column.


Go to the Bursar’s Office page for alternative payment options.

Am I required to provide official transcripts?

Admitted domestic applicants must complete their file by furnishing the program with official transcripts from all educational institutions attended since high school. Official transcripts must be sent to the Admissions Office directly from issuing institution and must indicate your final grades and any degrees received. They will need to arrive before the start of school. Credential Assembly Service (previously known as LSDAS) copies are not official transcripts.

Where do I send my official transcripts?

Have your transcripts sent to:

Graduate Legal Studies
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
2255 E. Evans Ave., Suite 390
Denver, CO 80208

What is the cost of attendance at the University of Denver?

Tuition rates for all programs are listed here.

When is tuition due?

Tuition is typically due 10 days before classes begin. Bills will be emailed reflecting the amount due after financial aid has been applied.

Are there any payment plans?

Yes, the University of Denver offers flexible payment plan options to pay your tuition and fees. Payment plans are available for graduate law students by the semester. Here is more information about payment plans.

Where can I find more information about tuition payments?

Visit the Financial Aid information page and/or the Bursar’s Office page for more information.

Do I need health insurance?

Yes, all students attending the University of Denver are required to have adequate personal health insurance coverage. If you do not have personal health insurance then you are required to participate in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). More information about SHIP and other health insurance options can be found on the Health and Counseling Center website.

I already have health insurance. Do I still need to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan?

No, you can waive the insurance plan by showing proof of alternate coverage. Detailed information about the waiver can be found here.

What are the University immunization requirements?

Colorado law (see Colorado Revised Statutes 25-4-901 to 909) and Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment requires all college and university students physically present on campus and enrolled for one or more classes, submit proof of immunization for measles, mumps and rubella. For detailed information about this requirement and instructions for submitting proof of immunity, go to the Health and Counseling Center website.

If proof of immunity is not provided to the HCC, you will not be allowed to register for classes. In the event of an outbreak of one of these viruses on campus, you will be withdrawn from classes by the Health Department until the outbreak is contained. You will not be eligible for a tuition credit under these circumstances.

What are my housing options?

On-campus housing is not available to graduate students. We encourage you to plan early and consider a variety of options as you prepare for your arrival. You can visit our Off Campus Housing Office for further information on apartments off-campus and moving to Denver. Additional resources are listed here. Some other links you may find useful for your housing search are: Map of Denver Neighborhoods, Off-Campus Housing options near DU, Denver ApartmentList, Denver HotPads, Denver Apartments, ApartmentAdvisor, Denver CraigsList, and Denver Zillow Rentals.

My question is not listed here. Who should I ask?

If your question is not listed here then please contact Graduate Legal Studies and we will be happy to help you.

Sturm College of Law
University of Denver
2255 E. Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80208