November 9, 2017
Monday, November 6, 2017
Location: Law 212
Keeping track of resources, not to mention creating bluebook citation, can be a challenge. In this class, you will learn how to use several apps that help you organize your research and will even create bluebook citations for you.
Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 11:45am - 1:15pm
Location: Law 314
In collaboration with DU’s Health and Counseling Center, Student Affairs is offering Denver Law students in all degree programs the opportunity to drop in to speak with an on-call counselor, every Thursday this semester.
Sessions will be held in the Reflection Room (314) from 11:45 to 1:15. Signing up is not required. Students will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:15pm - 6:15pm
Location: Law 180
DTP – The Road to Academia & How Lawyers Participate in the Response to Natural Disasters
November 9th, 2017 | Law 180 |5:15pm – 6:15pm
• Attendees will speak and answer questions about their career paths, which include Academia, Environmental Law, and Natural Disaster Relief.
• Additionally, sandwiches from Jimmy Johns will be provided and cookies from Insomnia. The attendees plan to socialize and answer questions afterwards.
• James Baine, was an environmental lawyer with Murphy Oil (a Fortune 100 company in its heyday).
• Amy Goodman, worked for a contractor before navigating her way through the ranks of FEMA.
• Larry Meyer, has served as both a law librarian and a law professor.
Sponsored by the Career Development Office and Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, International
Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Please Join the CDLA New Lawyer’s Committee for a Social Hour
Welcoming New Attorneys to the Colorado Legal Community!
November 9, 2017 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
CDLA Members and students will enjoy complimentary beverages
We will introduce the CDLA New Lawyer’s Committee’s series of CLEs to new and prospective members, and discuss CDLA programs specifically for new lawyers like our Trial Academy and New Lawyer Boot Camp.
Please join us and support Colorado’s newest attorneys!
CDLA is a statewide organization that is nearly 800 members strong, is dedicated to the defense of civil actions and the promotion of fairness and integrity in the civil justice system.
The organization is comprised of attorneys who defend the interests of business and individuals in civil litigation. CDLA members benefit from access to resources and tools for legal professionals who strive to provide superior and balanced service to their clients. CDLA is host to five substantive committees whose focus is to develop ongoing and critical dialogue about areas of practice.