We want to hear your news! Stay in touch with Denver Law and update your fellow alumni.
Class Notes from Spring 2019
- 1999: Matthew ScobleEffective September 2018, Matthew Scoble was appointed as a United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Alaska. Scoble replaced Magistrate Judge Kevin McCoy who retired in May 2018. Prior to becoming a magistrate, Scoble served as an Assistant Federal Defender since 2010 in both Alaska and Sacramento, CA. As well as serving as an Assistant Public Defender for five years in Sacramento County. After earning his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Davis and his law degree at the University of Denver, he started his career as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force in Colorado. He then moved to North Dakota and worked as Area Defense Counsel and later Circuit Defense Counsel covering a territory from North Dakota to Texas. Hon. Scoble was appointed to an eight-year term and is based in Anchorage.
- 2003: Michael RollinMichael Rollin, JD'03 or Parker, Colorado, is a partner at law firm Fox Rothschild. During Michael's career he has served as lead counsel to the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate for mortgage-backed securities and was lead national counsel for AIG and its financial services subsidiaries. Michael is license in Colorado, New York, and California and was named a Law Week Colorado 2017 Lawyer of the Year.
- 2004: Damian ArguelloColorado Insurance Law Center (CILC) is proud to announce that Damian J. Arguello (J.D., 2004) has been named a Top Latino Lawyer for 2018 by Latino Leaders Magazine (Issue Nov/Dec 2018).
- 2005: Arnulfo HernandezArnulfo D. Hernandez (J.D., 2005; LL.M., 2007), Managing Partner of Hernandez & Associates, P.C., was named to the 2018 Top Latino Lawyers by Latino Leaders Magazine. He was also given the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association’s Chris Miranda Outstanding Hispanic Lawyer Award in 2018.
- 2005: Christine HernandezChristine M. Hernandez (J.D., 2005), Partner at Hernandez & Associates, P.C., was named a 2018 Top Latino Lawyer and also one of the Most Powerful Latinas in Law Business in 2018 by Latino Leaders Magazine. Christine began her Presidency of the Colorado Hispanic Bar Association in January 2019.
- 2006: Jeremy BermanJeremy Berman, JD'06, is a director at the Dallas office of law firm Crowe & Dunlevy.
- 2006: Stephen RotterAfter spending six years practicing employment law at national firms and over four years as a federal prosecutor, Stephen Rotter launched The Workplace Counsel (www.theworkplacecounsel.com) to help employers with all matters workplace-related. Stephen leverages his business acumen and human resources knowledge to provide real-world, practical solutions to companies, including advice & counsel, litigation, and defense of employee claims.
- 2009: Garrett DeanGarrett has joined the law firm, Sherman & Howard, L.L.C. beginning in January of this year. He is an associate in the firm's premier Business & Transactions Group. He represents clients in transaction matters involving contract negotiations, commercial agreements, business formations as well as intellectual property issues including matters involving licensing, trademark and copyright. Prior to joining the firm, he served as Vice President - Corporate Counsel for Intermap Technologies. Garrett’s arrival supports the firm’s concentration in the telecommunications and technology industry sectors.
- 2010: Nicholas AndersonLathrop Gage’s Denver office continues to expand its practice forte with the recent addition of Tax and Employee Benefits attorney Nicholas J. Anderson, Of Counsel. Anderson previously practiced with Krieg DeVault LLP in Indiana, where he represented businesses with general corporate, federal tax and financing matters, and nonprofit organizations in obtaining and maintaining their tax-exempt status. He’s also especially experienced handling all types of tax credit matters, particularly New Markets Tax Credits and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits. Prior to Krieg DeVault, Anderson was a Tax attorney with the Denver office of Kutak Rock LLP. Anderson received his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Denver, 2010. He received his Juris Doctor from Syracuse University College of Law, 2009, where he was a member of Syracuse Science & Technology Law Reporter. Anderson received his B.A. in Communication Studies from the University of Iowa, 2005.
- 2010: Lindsay VaughtLindsay Vaught (Noyce) was elected as a Shareholder at Ahlers & Cooney in Des Moines, Iowa effective January 4, 2019. Lindsay practices primarily in the areas of Employment Law and Litigation. She works closely with both public and private clients, including institutions of higher education. Lindsay counsels employers on various employment law matters, and in defending various claims of retaliation, discrimination and harassment, as well as defending administrative complaints. For over 130 years, Ahlers & Cooney has been providing comprehensive legal services to local, state, national and international businesses, educational institutions and municipalities.