The Denver University Law Review publishes four issues per year.
We invite article submissions from professors, practitioners, judges and law clerks. We do not consider article submissions from unaffiliated law students.
Process for Submitting Articles
Articles may be submitted by either electronic or hard-copy format. Electronic submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or through ExpressO, an electronic submission service run by the Berkeley Electronic Press, which can be found at bepress.com. If you are not affiliated with a university, you may submit your article through bepress.com directly. Hard-copy submissions should be addressed to:
Denver University Law Review
Attention: Articles Editor
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
2255 E. Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
Article submissions should be in Times New Roman, font size 12. Files should be either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Footnotes should comply with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010).
Guidelines For Each Submission
All articles should follow the guidelines below:
1. Article submissions should be in Times New Roman, font size 12.
2. Files formats should be either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
3. Footnotes should comply with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010).
4. Please include an abstract of not more than 150 words.
5. A current résumé or curriculum vitae.
6. All submissions must include a cover letter, which should have the following:
A. The title of the manuscript;
B. E-mail address;
C. A mailing address; and
D. Daytime telephone number or a number where you may be reached.
The optimal times to submit articles are between late February and mid-April and August through mid-October. We will be considering manuscripts throughout the summer; however, please allow more time for review and and for any expedited requests.
Upon either electronic or hard-copy submission, allow at least 20 days for review.
1. The date which an answer is required.
2. Author’s name.
3. Name of the journal(s) offering publication.
Offers of Publication
Authors selected for publication will be notified by e-mail confirming the offer to publish. Once accepted, authors will then work exclusively with the Editor-In-Chief and the Articles Editor throughout the publication process. This close relationship with the author allows for superior editing and efficiency.