Student Animal Legal Defense Fund
Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF)
SALDF is a student group that is affiliated with the Animal Legal Defense Fund (ALDF) and shares its mission to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system. The goals of SALDF include educating the University of Denver community about forms of institutionalized animal abuse, understanding how the law can be used to combat animal abuse, and supporting the larger Denver community in its efforts to improve animal welfare.
SALDF sponsors fundraisers for local animal welfare agencies, promotes animal cruelty awareness through school events, and educates students on available career paths in animal law.
Officers, Titles, and Contact Info
President: Emily Bennett
Vice-President: Betsy Long
Treasurer: Nick Moore
Secretary: Megan Paschke
Communications Officer: Alexandra Uri
Event Co-Coordinator: Charlotte Selix
Event Co-Coordinator: Natalie Lamy
Executive At-Large: Alexi Corbett
Executive At-Large: Shelby Prendergast
Executive At-Large: Jack Manning
Executive At-Large: Tatum Perez
About the Animal Legal Defense Fund
For more than a quarter-century, the Animal Legal Defense Fund has been fighting to protect the lives and advance the interests of animals through the legal system. Founded in 1979 by attorneys active in shaping the emerging field of animal law, ALDF™ has blazed the trail for stronger enforcement of anti-cruelty laws and more humane treatment of animals in every corner of American life. Today, ALDF’s groundbreaking efforts to push the U.S.legal system to end the suffering of abused animals are supported by hundreds of dedicated attorneys and more than 100,000 members. Every day, ALDF works to protect animals by:
- Filing groundbreaking lawsuits to stop animal abuse and expand the boundaries of animal law.
- Providing free legal assistance to prosecutors handling cruelty cases.
- Working to strengthen state anti-cruelty statutes.
- Encouraging the federal government to enforce existing animal protection laws.
- Nurturing the future of animal law through Student Animal Legal Defense Fund chapters and the Animal Law Program.
- Providing public education through seminars, workshops and other outreach efforts.
Watch a short video about the Animal Legal Defense Fund on YouTube.