Black Law Students' Association
Black Law Students’ Association (BLSA)
The goal of the Black Law Students’ Association (BLSA) is to provide assistance for incoming students of color and promote an atmosphere that will facilitate learning by all students. We sponsor and cosponsor numerous events featuring speakers covering a wide range of topics including minority participation in law firms, public interest concerns and other relevant legal issues. We also participate in mentoring programs and support various community activities. BLSA provides academic, social and emotional support.
2020-2021 DU BLSA Executive Board
President – Aron Assefa
Vice-President – Nathaniel Roberson
Treasurer – Nigel Daniels
Secretary – Uchechukwu Eze
Class Representatives - Aleela Taylor, Ashley Graves, and Chris Martin
Chapter Advisor – Patience Crowder
Chapter Email –
- An Open Letter Re: Indigenous People's Day
- Dean Smith's Proposed Action Items
- Next Steps Re George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and the Countless Others
- Dean Bruce Smith's Community Message Re George Floyd, et. al.
- BLSA Statement Re George Floyd, et. al.
- National Black Law Student Association
- National Bar Association