May 2021 Commencement
2020 and 2021 Graduates
For graduating students who have submitted a RSVP for in-person commencement.
Class of 2020 Graduates - Saturday May 22, 2021 at 3 p.m.
View Recording of the 3:00 PM Class of 2020 Commencement on May 22, 2021
Class of 2021 Graduates - Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 9 a.m. OR Noon
- Graduates have signed up and been notified of their graduation time.
View Recording of the 9:00 AM May 2021 Commencement
View Recording of the 12:00 PM May 2021 Commencement
- Students should arrive 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to the Ceremony start time WEARING ALL OF THEIR REGALIA in order to have their photo taken, complete COVID check-in, and be lined up alphabetically for the ceremony.
- All ceremonies will be no longer than 75 minutes.
- Tickets for your guests will be issued by email to you approximately 3 days before graduation. The email will be coming from a DU, not a LAW.DU email address. Tickets are not transferrable, and we are not able to issue any more than 5 tickets per graduate. Your 5 guest seats will be assigned together, and your group of guests will be separated from other groups of guests in the arena.
Parking & Directions
- GRADUATES must park in Lot C/103: Sturm College of Law Commencement Graduate Parking & Directions (View) (Download)
- GUESTS must park in Lot L: Sturm College of Law Commencement Guest Parking & Directions (View) (Download)
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- Masks will be required for students and guests at all times while on campus.
- All seating will be physically distanced at 6 feet or more.
- Prior to arriving on campus, Students (not already cleared for campus access) and all Guests will complete the Visitor Symptom Screening within two (2) hours of the event.
- Upon arriving on campus, all Students and Guests will have their temperature checked.
2020 Graduates: Thursday, May 20, 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Drive-through regalia pick-up will be open from 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 20 at York Street, just south of Asbury. Do not exit your vehicles, and please wear masks. Law school staff will be on hand to ask your name and retrieve your regalia. If you are unable to pick up your robe during this time, please designate a family member or friend to do so for you, as there will be no access to the law building on graduation day.
2021 Graduates: Friday, May 21, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Drive-through regalia pick-up will be open on Friday, May 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at York Street, just south of Asbury. Do not exit your vehicles, and please wear masks. Law school staff will be on hand to ask your name and retrieve your regalia. If you are unable to pick up your robe during this time, please designate a family member or friend to do so for you, as there will be no access to the law building on graduation day.
The deadline to order regalia in time for 2020/2021 in-person commencement has passed. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs ASAP if you missed the regalia deadline.
We will continue to provide details regarding COVID protocols, parking, ticketing, etc. in the coming weeks. Feel free to reach out to the Office of Student Affairs with any questions. We look forward to celebrating with you!