How to Register
If you are new to the Sturm College of Law:
- Incoming first year JD students are automatically enrolled by the Law Registrar’s Office for their Fall and Spring semesters (the Spring semester enrollments will occur in November/December).
- Visiting, transfer students, non-JD and dual degree students will receive instructions and time ticket information via email following deposit.
Get started by following the general registration procedures:
- Review the upcoming course schedule
Review email containing time ticket information received from the Office of the Registrar.
- Time tickets are assigned by credit hours completed and credit hours in-progress. New students will receive a time ticket after they deposit, as soon as registration becomes available for incoming students.
- Confirm you are on track to graduate, and prepare your future schedule
Check your registration status
- Check for holds in My.du.edu
- Clear all holds before your registration time opens. The Law Registrar’s Office is unable to lift holds.
- JD students should complete a credit overload petition if you plan to take more than the maximum allowed credit hours (greater than 15 credits for full-time students and 12 credits for part-time students). If the petition is approved, your credit maximum will be adjusted accordingly.
Register for classes online (Registration How-To) once your time ticket opens. Make sure to select “semester” in the registration system. Sturm College of Law does not offer any courses on the quarter calendar.
- Place yourself on the wait list for closed or full classes
- Verify billing and address information in My.du.edu
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact the Law Registrar’s Office during business hours at email@example.com or 303.871.6132.