How to Register
If you are new to the Sturm College of Law:
- Incoming first year students are automatically enrolled by the Law Registrar’s Office for their fall and spring semesters (the spring semester enrollments will occur in November/December).
- Visiting, transfer students, and dual degree students must contact the Law Registrar’s Office for registration time ticket information.
Get started by following the general registration procedures:
- Review the upcoming course schedule
Review email containing time ticket information received from the Office of the Registrar.
- Time tickets are assigned by credit hours completed and credit hours in progress
- Confirm you are on track to graduate, and prepare your future schedule
Know your login information for PioneerWeb
- DU ID
- Passcode (PIN)
Check your registration status
- Check for holds in PioneerWeb
- Clear all holds before your registration time opens. The Law Registrar’s Office is unable to lift holds.
- Complete a credit overload petition if you plan to take more than the maximum allowed credit hours (greater than 15 credits for full-time students and 12 credits for part-time students). Once the petition is approved, your credit maximum will be adjusted accordingly.
Register for classes online (Registration How-To) once your time ticket opens. Make sure to register for semester courses rather than quarter courses.
- Place yourself on the wait list for closed or full classes (Wait List How-To)
- Verify billing and address information
- Check classroom locations before classes begin
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact the Law Registrar’s Office during business hours at email@example.com or 303.871.6132.