How to Register
If you are new to the Sturm College of Law:
- Incoming first year students are automatically enrolled by the Law Registrar’s Office for their fall and spring semesters (the spring semester enrollments will occur in November/December).
- Visiting, transfer students, and dual degree students must contact the Law Registrar’s Office for registration time ticket information.
Get started by following the general registration procedures:
Review the upcoming course schedule
- Faculty evaluations and course descriptions are also available for your reference. Contact the Law Registrar’s Office for the faculty evaluation password.
Review email containing time ticket information received from the Office of the Registrar.
- Time tickets are assigned by credit hours completed and credit hours in progress
Confirm you are on track to graduate, and prepare your future schedule
- Know your degree requirements—see the JD degree plan form for more information
- Review your status towards completing degree requirements by reviewing your degree audit in your Student Profile in PioneerWeb
Know your login information for PioneerWeb
- DU ID
- Passcode (PIN)
Check your registration status
- Check for holds in PioneerWeb
- Clear all holds before your registration time opens. The Law Registrar’s Office is unable to lift holds.
- Complete a credit overload petition if you plan to take more than the maximum allowed credit hours (greater than 15 credits for full-time students and 12 credits for part-time students). Once the petition is approved, your credit maximum will be adjusted accordingly.
Register for classes online (Registration How-To) once your time ticket opens. Make sure to register for semester courses rather than quarter courses.
- Place yourself on the wait list for closed or full classes (Wait List How-To)
- Verify billing and address information
- Check classroom locations before classes begin
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact the Law Registrar’s Office during business hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.871.6132.