Technology Orientation for Tax Students
Grad Tax Technology Orientation Checklist:
- Law School Email – access account and change law school password
- PioneerWeb – set preferred email address to law school account
- Microsoft Office – download software if needed
- Wireless – connect to the law school wireless once on campus
- Printers – connect to the printers in the library
- Online Course Materials – Canvas and Panopto class recordings
- Laptop Requirement
Law School Email
1. Change your law school password: https://nsweb.law.du.edu
Your email address and username is: first initial last name -gt followed by @law.du.edu ; For example [email protected]
Your password is: mmddyyyy (Date of birth with four digit year)
2. Check law school email: http://webmail.law.du.edu/
3. Email on your Smartphone: find instructions here.
Contact Tim Mitchell with any questions about your law school email account.
1. Logging in; setting up security question and password: http://pioneerweb.du.edu
Password: mmddyy (Date of birth with two-digit year first time you log in; if you have your password re-set use your four-digit year of birth mmddyyyy)
2. Set your Preferred Email address in PioneerWeb
3. Updating your computer. Students are responsible for the ongoing maintenance of their operating systems, antivirus software (available through PioneerWeb under the resources tab), applications, and data.
You can download Microsoft Office for Windows or Microsoft Office for Mac. The license is good for the duration of your coursework at Sturm College of Law. To download this software, log in to your email as described above, click on the gear in the upper right of the screen and follow these instructions.
NOTE: You must be on campus to connect your computer to the law school wireless.
Connecting Your Laptop, Tablet or Phone to the Wireless Network
To connect to the new network, simply select “DU WiFi” from your list of wireless networks. A browser window should automatically open (if not, open any browser such as Chrome, IE, Firefox or Safari). You will see the following page:
Select “Guest” if:
- You are not a student, faculty or staff member at the University and are visiting campus or
- You are on campus doing official work for the University of Denver
- Read the Terms of Agreement and click the “I Agree” button
Select “General Use” if:
- You are a student and are not employed by DU or
- You are a faculty/staff and do not access any restricted resources on your laptop such as shared folders, departmental printers or iBanner or
- You are using a mobile device or tablet
- You will be prompted for your username and passcode. Enter your DU law school email address as the username ([email protected] ) and your law school email password for the password.
That’s it! You are now connected to the DU WiFi network and will not be asked to reauthenticate for a year.
Please bear with us as we transition to a new printing system for students. This site will be updated when the new system is in place. Printers at the law school are located in the library.
Online Course Materials
Canvas http://canvas.du.edu (Log in credentials same as PioneerWeb)
Contact Jessica Hogan with any questions about accessing Canvas.