To assist you with your employment related questions, we have an HR representative available for you at the law school. Please contact Adjunct Support for assistance:
Adjunct Support, email@example.com, 303.871.6248
The steps in our adjunct hire process:
1. Background check – The University of Denver requires all new employees to complete a background check. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check. You will receive an e-mail from Hire Right that you are required to respond to authorize this process. This step should only take a few minutes of your time.
2. Hire Letter – Soon after registration is completed for the semester, you will receive a letter of confirmation indicating the course you will be teaching, the days, times it is scheduled and the stipend you will receive. If you do not receive this letter in a reasonable amount of time, please contact Adjunct Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.871.6248 to confirm that it was e-mailed to you. The classroom you have been assigned to can be confirmed on the Class Schedule page close to the start of the semester.
3. New Hire paperwork – Adjunct Support will provide you with the appropriate Human Resources contact in order to complete your hire paperwork. There are three forms that you will be asked to complete:
- I-9 form for Homeland Security requires proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. Please see page 5 of I-9 form for acceptable documents (DU will need to examine one document from List A OR examine one document from List B and one from List C): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
- W-4 form for IRS tax withholding.
- Authorization for Direct Deposit of Pay is optional, though highly encouraged. You can sign up through PioneerWeb once you have your DU ID and passcode.
4. CVs – We also request a copy of your CV at your time of hire. These will be maintained by the Adjunct Support. If you have not yet submitted a CV or have updated your CV information, please email it to Adjunct Support at email@example.com
5. Online Profiles – The Sturm College of Law website includes a faculty directory. Included in this are profiles of our current Adjunct Faculty. Currently, not all our adjuncts have profiles uploaded. Profiles should include a photo, contact information, what you teach, if you use TWEN/Canvas, a link for your students and a bio. It can also include a CV, articles you have written and any other information that you would like to be available to the students to see.
If you would like to view the directory to see whether you have a profile, you can go through this link: http://www.law.du.edu/index.php/directory/adjunct-faculty
You can email your bio, photo and any other materials you would like on your profile to Jessica Hogan: firstname.lastname@example.org . There is usually a yearly photo session which you will be updated on. If you would prefer to wait until then, we can use the photo that is taken from that session for your profile.