- Annual Events
- Annual Report
- Major Supporters
- Occasional Paper Series
- Student Stipends and Fellowships
- Sutton Writing Competition
The mission of the Ved Nanda Center for International and Comparative Law (Nanda Center) is to engage in academic endeavors that:
• inspire excellence in international law teaching, scholarship and practice among faculty, students, alumni and friends of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law;
• encourage stimulation, promotion and dissemination of quality writing and research materials in the field of international legal and comparative law studies;
• promote the importance of international law in public and private international affairs;
• and provide a vehicle for communication and interaction among the greater Sturm College of Law community, especially among students and alumni.
To fulfill this mission, the Nanda Center devotes it resources to the highest level of scholarship, including annual presentations and programs that engage the broader legal community in the center’s pursuit of academic excellence. These include:
• our annual Leonard v.B. Sutton Colloquium;
• the Myres S. McDougal Distinguished Lecture in International Law;
• the Henry and Mary Bryan Lecture;
• the Cox-Price Human Rights Award and Lecture;
• the Brooks-Nanda Russian Law Fellows Program;
• the Sutton Writing Competition;
• an Occasional Paper Series;
• our blog, TheViewFromAbove;
• and visiting scholars, dignitaries and practitioners-in-residence.
Through the generous support of donors, the Nanda Center offers scholarship support for students as well as summer stipends for students to work or intern abroad to address human rights issues.
The Nanda Center is part of the International Legal Studies Program at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and supports its curriculum and academic mission.
Lawyering in the UN: Challenges and Rewards
The United States and the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea
UNA Denver Events
Denver Law hosts a very special pre-trial conference
Professor Ved P. Nanda quoted on CBS Denver
News Archive »