- Audio Visual
- Computer Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI)
- Laptop Requirement
- Law School Learning Aids - Educational Technology
- Networking Services
- Online Course Materials
- Online Legal Research
- Technology Orientation
Wireless Internet at the DU Sturm College of Law
Windows 7 Instructions
Mac Wireless Instructions
1. Turn on airport.
2. Highlight Law-Wireless.
3. Enter your Law School username and password.
4. Verify Certificate by clicking on Continue.
Congratulations, you’ve connected to the Sturm College of Law Wireless Network!
Windows Vista Wireless Instructions
1. Right-click the Network icon and click Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Manage Wireless Networks
3. Click Add.
4. Click manually create a network profile.
5. Fill out the following information:
Network Name: Law-Wireless
Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES
6. Click next and close the window, which should lead you to Manage Wireless Networks
7. Right click the Law-Wireless profile you just created and click properties
8. Move to the security tab, make sure EAP type is set to Protected EAP (PEAP)
9. Click Settings/Properties and uncheck Validate server certificate
10. Click Configure and uncheck “Automatically use my Windows logon name…”
11. Click Okay on all the configuration windows
12. Click the Network icon on your system tray, click Connect To A Network, and select Law Wireless.
13. You should either see a button saying “Enter Additional Logon Information” or a balloon from your Network icon saying that additional information is required, click the button or the balloon.
14. Fill in your law school username and password (the same as your email) and LAW for the Logon Domain.
Setting up wireless on Vista can be complicated, if for whatever reason these instructions fail to work for you, please come down to the helpdesk office in 265B (the northeast corner of the second floor).
Windows XP Wireless Instructions
These instructions assume that you have Service Pack 2 on XP. If you don’t, come to HelpDesk for help immediately. They also assume that you have set Windows to handle wireless. If you have some third party wireless software handling your wireless connections, these instructions will not work.
1. Right click on the wireless icon. Select “View Available Wireless Networks.”
Double click on “Law-Wireless.”
This adds the wireless network to your list of preferred networks. It will not yet connect you to the network.
2. Click on Change Advanced Settings.
3. Click on the Wireless Networks tab.
Highlight Law-Wireless under Preferred networks. Click on Properties.
4. Under the Association tab make sure that Network Authentication is set to WPA2 (Enterprise) and Data Encryption is set to AES.
5. Click on the Authentication Tab. Select Protected EAP and uncheck “Authenticate as computer…” Click on properties icon.
6. Uncheck Validate server certificate.
Click on “Configure.”
7. Uncheck this option.
Click on the Connection Tab.
8. Uncheck this if you do not want your computer connecting automatically. If you do leave this checked, remember to turn off your wireless if you want to use ethernet for the faster connection.
OK until out of these windows.
9. Click on this bubble when it appears in the bottom right of your screen.
10. Provide your law school username (the part of your email address before the @), password. The domain is law.