The Student Trial Lawyers Association aims to bring the exciting world of trial advocacy to DU Law students. STLA’s signature event is a fall mock trial program, and STLA hosts several speaker events during the year. The purpose of STLA is to create opportunities for students to develop trial advocacy skills in a non-competitive environment.
These opportunities benefit members and participants by:
- Teaching them basic trial advocacy skills;
- Reinforcing material learned in classes;
- Honing their public speaking skills;
- Exposing them to court documents and procedures; and
- Providing networking opportunities with local attorneys and judges.
For more information, please refer to both the Events and Officers & Information links.