Student Bar Association
SBA and Graduation Speaker elections will take place April 15-18, 2013.
View candidates here!
Student Awards elections will also take place April 15-18, 2013.
View nominees here!
Student Bar Association Senate Meetings
4:30pm – 5:30pm
SBA Member Resources:
- Event Planning
1. Consider potential dates for your event and check the Events Calendar for potential conflicts.
2. Schedule your event using the R25 Reservation Calendar.
a. When completing your room request completely fill in each field. The description portion will be used for all advertising of your event.
4. Check the SBA Expenses Guidelines to determine if expenses related to your event will be reimbursed.
5. Most expenses must be paid out of pocket and submitted to Kim Gould in suite 215 with a receipt using the Reimbursement Form.
a. Note: The University will not reimburse Sales Tax. Use the University Tax Exempt Form when making purchases.
6. For larger events always consult Student Affairs in suite 115 before beginning any planning.
7. More information on event planning including catering, alcohol, and other items can be found on the Event Planning Guide for Students.
- Student Travel
The Travel Policy has recently changed. Any travel is limited to 2 student representatives who may be funded for no more than two-thirds of their expenses from DU funds not to exceed $400 each. A third person may also travel once a year at the discretion of the SBA Senate, but may not receive more than $250.
1. Review the law school Student Travel Policies
4. Consult with Kim Gould in suite 215 regarding the per diem requirements and reimbursement process before incurring any travel expenses.
- Communication to All Students – Posters and E-mails
- Logos and Banners
- SBA Constitution and Bylaws