LSRJ Mission Statement
University of Denver Law Students for Reproductive Justice is a local chapter of the national non-profit network of law students and lawyers dedicated to educating, organizing, and supporting the protection and expansion of reproductive rights as basic civil and human rights. We advocate for international and domestic reproductive justice on a local level, including on the University of Denver campus and throughout the state of Colorado.
- We seek active involvement from our members with diverse backgrounds and experiences who are interested in advancing reproductive justice in their local communities and throughout the world.
- We strive to provide accurate information on reproductive health, rights, and access to a diverse advocacy network with regard to race, sex, ethnicity, nationality, immigration status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, age, gender, identity, marital status, and political affiliation.
- We believe the successful movement for reproductive rights in Colorado, the United States, and internationally, include the priorities and concerns of poor and marginalized communities. It is a priority of DU-LSRJ that our advocacy reflects the needs, concerns, and priorities of marginalized groups.
- We strive to enhance law students’ roles in the reproductive justice movement through professional experiences that draw on and develop their legal advocacy and analytical skills.
- We raise awareness of the breadth of reproductive justice issues and their intersections with other social justice causes in order to build coalitions and diversify our advocacy network.
- We increase law students’ awareness of reproductive justice issues by hosting events and speakers, and by collaborating with other groups with similar interests and goals.
- We facilitate law students’ participation in professional training by informing them of opportunities with existing and new internships and fellowships in the reproductive justice movement.
- We highlight interconnections with other progressive causes, locating reproductive rights within human and civil rights frameworks.
- We operate under the umbrella of national LSRJ in order to link DU Law students to the reproductive justice movement in Colorado, the United States, and internationally.