The International Law Society (ILS) strives to educate our members, the law school, and the legal community about international issues and events. We do this by hosting numerous speakers, an annual Sutton Colloquium, McDougal Lecture, and numerous social events. We also provide information to our members and the DU community about study abroad opportunities, dual-degree programs, and other academic interests with an international flavor. The ILS provides its members with information about academic and career opportunities throughout Denver, the United States, and the world.
The International Law Society (ILS) was one of the first student organizations in the country dedicated to international law, in addition to its distinction as one of the largest student member groups in the International Law Student Association (ILSA). It has been repeatedly recognized by the ILSA as the top student organization in the U.S. and DU students are frequently among ILSA’s national executive leaders.
The College of Law is student-centered and community focused. Members of the International Legal Society demonstrate this on a daily basis with the high level of engagement and enthusiasm they bring to the law school’s programs and symposia featuring world renowned lecturers and speakers. Networking opportunities abound. ILS members are often rewarded with unparalleled access to numerous distinguished visitors, allowing them time to exchange ideas and ask questions of those who have spent years influencing international legal issues.
With such a large numbers of involved students, it is no wonder that ILS events facilitate amazing conversations and exchanges of ideas between people of remarkable backgrounds who are following important career paths. DU Law alumni across the globe often cite their experience in ILS as having been a powerful influence on their own growth and their lifelong personal and professional relationships.
- President: Paige Coriden
- Treasurer: Leonard Large
- Secretary: Jordon Gartland
- Vice President of Membership: Katie McAuley
- Vice President of Lectures: Kameryn Brill
- Vice President of Publicity/Social Media: Giedre Stasiunaite
- Administrative Director, International Legal Studies Program: Karlyn Shorb
- Faculty Advisor: Ved Nanda
- Faculty Advisor: Annecoos Wiersema
- Thursday, February 20 at noon in Room 125 – ILS Lunch with Kip Hale
- Thursday, February 27 at noon in Room 125 – ILS Lunch with Ralph Lake
- Wednesday, April 2 (time & place TBA) – Rwanda 20 Years Ago Today Event
- Wednesday, April 16 – International Law Gala