The International Law Society (ILS) strives to educate our members, the law school, and the legal community about international issues and events. We do this by hosting numerous speakers, an annual Sutton Colloquium, McDougal Lecture, and numerous social events. We also provide information to our members and the DU community about study abroad opportunities, dual-degree programs, and other academic interests with an international flavor. The ILS provides its members with information about academic and career opportunities throughout Denver, the United States, and the world.
The International Law Society (ILS) was one of the first student organizations in the country dedicated to international law, in addition to its distinction as one of the largest student member groups in the International Law Student Association (ILSA). It has been repeatedly recognized by the ILSA as the top student organization in the U.S. and DU students are frequently among ILSA’s national executive leaders.
The College of Law is student-centered and community focused. Members of the International Legal Society demonstrate this on a daily basis with the high level of engagement and enthusiasm they bring to the law school’s programs and symposia featuring world renowned lecturers and speakers. Networking opportunities abound. ILS members are often rewarded with unparalleled access to numerous distinguished visitors, allowing them time to exchange ideas and ask questions of those who have spent years influencing international legal issues.
With such a large numbers of involved students, it is no wonder that ILS events facilitate amazing conversations and exchanges of ideas between people of remarkable backgrounds who are following important career paths. DU Law alumni across the globe often cite their experience in ILS as having been a powerful influence on their own growth and their lifelong personal and professional relationships.
- President: Ema Medic
- Vice President of Membership and Events: Sarah Flinn
- Vice President of Communications: Kalie Rosenbaugh
- Treasurer: Carla Solis
- Chair of Marketing: Kendra Strong
- Administrative Director, International Legal Studies Program: Randy Wagner
- Faculty Advisor: Ved Nanda
- Faculty Advisor: Celia Taylor
- Friday, May 16, 5:30-7pm in the Forum – An evening conversation with leading international law scholar, and 22nd Legal Adviser to the U.S. Department of State, Harold Koh
- For more information, questions or to RSVP please contact Randy Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org