- Bar Application Information
- Calendar of Events
- Disability Accommodations
- Forms and Documents
- Law Reviews and Journals
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Student Affairs Staff
- Study Rooms
- Submit an Announcement
- Submit an Event
December Graduate Reception
About the Reception
The December Graduate Reception is an opportunity for December graduates and their family and friends to gather and recognize the completion of degree programs at the conclusion of the fall semester. While not an official commencement ceremony, each graduate’s name is recognized in the middle of a festive reception filled with great food and beverages. Therefore, traditional graduation regalia is not used at this event. All December graduates are welcome to join the May Commencement Ceremony for a more formal experience.
Date, Time, Location & Parking
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 | 4:00p.m.- 6:00p.m.
- Forum of the Ricketson Law Building
- Parking in the Lot L Garage will be open and complimentary.
Reception begins the event at 4:00pm. and graduate recognition begins at 5:00pm.
Accessibility & Accommodations
The University of Denver Sturm College of Law is committed to providing facilities that are accessible to persons with and without disabilities. We encourage persons who use wheelchairs to contact Lauri Mlinar at 303.871.6139 for further information.
Preparing for Graduation
- Visit the Graduation Checklist to ensure you are cleared to graduate.
- Go to the Graduation Vendors webpage for information about fingerprinting, graduation announcement, class rings, and photographs for the annual class composite photo.
Details and Structure of the December Graduate Reception
- Graduates should RSVP according to instructions received by the Dean in advance of the ceremony.
- Arrive between 4:00-4:30pm at the Sturm College of Law Forum. Free parking starting at 3:30pm in the Lot L garage.
- Check-in at the welcome table before 4:45pm to receive your name card and alumni pin for the casual ceremony.
- Enjoy the reception with family and friends. Complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres are served.
- Find a seat in the “Graduate Seating Area” 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the ceremony. The ceremony begins at 5:00pm.
- After a few graduation speakers, the Alumni Council Chair will have you partake in pinning your colleagues with your new alumni pin.
- Next is the reading of the graduate’s names. Have your “name-card” ready and follow your graduation usher’s instructions to line-up for graduate recognition.
- After following the line to greet several distinguished University representatives, return to your seat following the pre-assigned path.
- To conclude the ceremony, the Faculty will recess first. You will be received by them in a tunnel to congratulate your accomplishments.
- Continue to enjoy the reception with family, friends, and colleagues until the event ends at 6:00pm.