- RMLUI Academic
- RMLUI Practice
- News and Events
- Contact Us
Please Note: These sessions are no longer available for CLE credit. Price: $10/each.
- Morning Keynote Speaker: “What I Learned About Zoning . . . the Hard Way!”
Dwight H. Merriam, Esq., FAICP, CRE, Partner, Robinson & Cole, Hartford, CT
T01; 1:05:47 Please note that there are no accompanying .pdfs for this session.
- The World Turned Upside Down: Payment for Regulation Under Oregon’s Measure 37 »
Sarah Rockwell, Esq., Edward J. Sullivan, Esq., David J. Hunnicutt, Esq., David Knowles
T02; 0:51:36 This session is not eligible for CLE/CRE credit.
- Growing Smarter at the Edge: Las Vegas to Tucson »
Thomas J. Ragonetti, Esq., Albert Ratner
- Afternoon Keynote Speaker: “The Truth About the Lewis & Clark Expedition”
Harry Fritz, Professor, University of Montana
T04; 0:28:24 This session is not eligible for CLE/CRE credit
- Thinking Outside the Boxes: Four Legal Traditions Operating on One Landscape – A Developing Perspective on Western Land Issues »
Federico Cheever, Douglas M. Robotham, James S. Bedwell, Gary Severson
- Innovative European Urbanism »
James van Hemert, AICP, Ed Ziegler, Jim Kushner
- A Primer on Local Government Regulation of Land Use & Development
Larry R. Keuter, Esq., Melinda M. Beck, Esq., Corey Y. Hoffman, Esq.
F01; 1:13:14 Please note that there are no accompanying .pdfs for this session.
- Recent Land Use Decisions in the Rocky Mountain West »
Douglas A. Jorden, Esq., Anita Miller, Esq., John Hayes, Esq., Ralph Becker, Esq.
- Gazing into the Crystal Mall: Divining the Future of Retail in the West »
Eric Bergman, AICP, Mary Beth Jenkins, Brent McFall
- Tools for Taming Exurban Sprawl at the County Level »
Rich McClintock, Peter Italiano, Will Shafroth, Brian Muller, William Coyne
- “Yes, I can make you take that down:” Regulation of Non-Conforming Uses »
Ed Ziegler, Dwight H. Merriam, Esq.
- Condemnation for Private Use: The Recent Revival of the Public Use Requirement and Its Implications for Private Redevelopment »
David Thomas, David Callies, Steven Eagle, John Fee
- Can’t We All Get Along?: The Development Review Process as a Means to Achieving Outstanding Results »
James van Hemert, AICP, Tim Belinski, Martha Brown
- Transit-Oriented Development and Zoning Western-Style »
Ben A. Herman, AICP, John Hester, AICP, Robert R. Simpson, AICP, Jerry Jaramillo, Catherine M. Cox-Blair
- Make no Small Plans: Innovative Western Planned Communities »
Darcie White, Andy Laurenzi, William Anderson, Michael Wyneken, AICP
- Saving the Landscape: Mitigation Fees for Preserving Agricultural Lands, Open Space and Environmentally Sensitive Land »
Robert Freilich, Esq., Julian Juergensmeyer
- Land Use Ethics: Current Issues »
J. Bart Johnson, Esq., Lora Lucero, Esq., John E. Hayes, Esq.
- Measuring the Economic Benefits of Historic Preservation »
Matt Goebel, Esq., Kathleen Brooker, Nancy Kramer
- Greenfield or Brownfield? The Daunting Challenge of Huge Projects »
Peter Kirsch, Esq., Thomas Grimshaw, Esq., Jeff Willis, Steven H. Kaplan, Esq.
- State Land Use Planning in the West: Is There Anything Left? »
Matthew McKinney, Kent Briggs, Eric Bergman, AICP, Connie Eissinger
- Vasectomy Zoning: Exploration of Fair Housing for Families with Children »
Don Elliott, Esq., Jerome Mapp
- Land Use & Oil and Gas Activities: Continuing Conflict or Peaceful Coexistence? »
Wayne F. Forman, Esq., Mark J. Mathews, Esq., Ken Wonstolen, Josh A. Marks, Esq., Randall J. Feuerstein, Esq.
- Streamlining the District Organization Process: The Aurora Model
Darlene Sisneros, Esq., MaryAnn McGeady, Esq., Nancy Bailey, Steve Jeffers
F17; 1:10:33 Please note that there are no accompanying .pdfs for this session.
- The Interaction of Transportation and Land Use Planning; The Dog and Tail Wagging Each Other »
John Putnam, Bill Johnston, Deborah Lebow
- State Land Boards, the Public Trust, and Good Planning – Can they Coexist? »
Carol MacLennan, Andrew Dannenberg, MD, Wendy Collins Perdue
- Wearing Two Hats: The Urban Planner as a Public Health Agent »
Christopher Duerksen, Esq., Andy Laurenzi
- An Overview of Constitutional and Statutory Limitations on Local Zoning Authority
Colin C. Diehl, Esq., Andrew L. Spielman, Esq.
F21; 1:16:23 Please note that there are no accompanying .pdfs for this session.
- Power Lines: Coming Soon to a Community Near You »
Larry Keith, Malcolm Murray, Esq., Sandra Johnson
- “What Do You Mean I Can’t Develop”: Vested Rights, Development Agreements, Annexation Agreements »
Daniel J. Curtin, Esq., Lora Lucero, Esq., AICP, David Callies, FAICP
- At the Cutting Edge: Current Planning and Land-Use Research and Outreach »
James van Hemert, AICP, Walt Hecox, Andy Laurenzi, Gene Bressler
- Hidden Regulation: Intergovernmental Agreements
Sarah Rockwell, Esq., Carolynne White, Esq., Gerald Dahl
F25; 1:12:40 Please note that there are no accompanying .pdfs for this session.