Western Places/Western Spaces:
Building Fair & Resilient Communities
March 11-13, 2015
University of Denver campus
We are very pleased to announce that Timothy Beatley, author of Biophilic Cities and Resilient Cities, will be our keynote speaker this year. The Teresa Heinz Professor of Sustainable Communities at the University of Virginia, Beatley’s work focuses on the importance of natural systems in creating sustainable communities.
Additional highlights of the conference include:
- Workshop on Local Responses to Fracking—add it to your conference registration or opt in for just the workshop
- Jim Levitt from the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy will moderate a plenary lunch on The Genesis and Future of Large Landscape Conservation Policy.
- Arthur C. Nelson will present a plenary lunch talk on From Smart Growth to the New Urban Economics.
- Two Tours: the Alliance Center and Denver Union Station.
- A featured track on Resilient Communities, focused on how communities across the West are mitigating future risks.
Visit our conference page to find out what else we have in store this year.
RMLUI 2014 HOME STUDY SESSIONS
The 2014 Home Study Sessions are still available for CLE credits!
To learn more about the Home Study Sessions, download program descriptions and more, visit the Home Study page.
Register now to take advantage of this incredible opportunity.
RMLUI’s academic mission focuses on increasing educational opportunities for students and the practice community through the course offerings and symposia. We have also developed relationships with other academic programs and professional firms to promote research opportunities. Check out recent Home Study Sessions, the Carver Colloquium, and our Institute Partners Program.
The focus of RMLUI’s practice program is the Sustainable Development Community Code Framework, a tool for municipalities interested in implementing sustainable initiatives, and the annual conference, one of the premier gatherings of sustainable development professionals. Check out our Annual Land Use Conference and Sustainable Community Development Code Framework.