Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
Stephen L. Pepper
- Three Dichotomies in Lawyers’ Ethics (With Particular Attention to the Corporation as Client), Volume 28, Issue 4 of the Geo. J. Legal Ethics, forthcoming (2015).
- The Lawyer Knows More Than the Law, 90 Texas Law Review 691 (2012).
- How to do the Right Thing: A Short Primer on Ethics and Moral Vision,” in Good Business: Exercising Effective and Ethical Leadership, Donald Mayer, James O’Toole, eds. (Routledge, 2010).
- Integrating Morality and Law in Legal Practice: A Reply to Professor Simon, 23 Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics 1011, (2010).
- A Short Primer on Ethics and Moral Vision, July 2006 Directors Monthly 19, National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
- The Lawyer's Amoral Ethical Role, Counseling and the Responsibility of the Client (Chuo University Press 2000) (Japanese translation by Professor Hiroshi Sumiyoshi of Chuo University).
- Access to What?, 2 J. Inst. for Study Legal Ethics 269 Journal of the Institute for the Study of Legal Ethics 1999 (symposium issue).
- Lawyers' Ethics in the Gap between Law and Justice, 40 S. Tex. L. Rev. 181 South Texas Law Review Spring 1999 (symposium issue).
- Resisting the Current, 52 Vand. L. Rev. 1015 Vanderbilt Law Review May, 1999 (symposium issue).
- Why Confidentiality?, 23 Law & Social Inquiry 331 (1998) (symposium issue).
- Applying the Fundamentals of Lawyers' Ethics to Insurance Defense Practice, 4 Conn. Ins. L.J. 27 Connecticut Insurance Law Journal 1997-1998 (symposium issue).
- Counseling at the Limits of the Law: An Exercise in the Jurisprudence and Ethics of Lawering, 104 Yale L.J. 1545 (1995).
- Conflicting Paradigms of Religious Freedom: Liberty Versus Equality, 1993 Brigham Young University Law Review 7-62 (symposium issue).
- Autonomy, Community, and Lawyers' Ethics, 19 Capital University Law Review 939-966 (1990) (symposium issue).
- Some Thoughts on Perspective, 4 Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy 301-311 (1989) (symposium issue).
- A Brief for the Free Exercise Clause, 8 Journal of Law and Religion 323 (1989) (symposium issue).
- The Lawyer's Amoral Ethical Role: A Defense, A Problem, and Some Possibilities, 1986 American Bar Foundation Research Journal 613-635.
- A Rejoinder to Professors Kaufman and Luban, 1986 American Bar Foundation Research Journal 657-673.
- Taking the Free Exercise Clause Seriously, 1986 Brigham Young University Law Review 299-336 (symposium issue).
- The Constitution and Religious Pluralism, published in The Embattled Constitution, pp 92-115 (A. Grundman, ed.) (Robert Kreiger 1986).
- Jensen v. Quaring: Will the Supreme Court Clarify Freedom of Religion Doctrine?, National Law Journal, April 8, 1985, pp. 24-26.
- The Conundrum of the Free Exercise Clause -- Some Reflections on Recent Cases, 9 Northern Kentucky Law Review 265-303 (1982).
- Reynolds, Yoder, and Beyond: Alternatives for the Free Exercise Clause, 1981 Utah Law Review 309-378.
- The Case of Human Sacrifice, 23 Arizona Law Review 893-934 (1981).
- "One L." Book Review, 31 Arkansas Law Review 529-537 (1977).