Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
Associate Professor with Tenure
- Identity Entrepreneurs, 104 CALIFORNIA LAW REVIEW (2016, Forthcoming).
- Negative Identity, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LAW REVIEW (forthcoming 2015).
- Communication in Cyberspace, co-authored with Joanne Morando , 94 NORTH CAROLINA LAW REVIEW 2015, Forthcoming.
- Improving Rights, 100 VIRGINIA LAW REVIEW 377 (2014).
- Gender Diversity and Same-Sex Marriage , co-authored with Ian Farrell, 114 COLUMBIA LAW REVIEW 97 sidebar (November 2014).
- Racial Capitalism, 126 HARVARD LAW REVIEW 2151 (2013).
- Gideon's Law Protective Function, 122 YALE LAW JOURNAL 2460 (2013) (symposium contribution).
- Consent Forms and Consent Formalism, 2013 WISCONSIN LAW REVIEW 751 (2013) (with Kira Suyeishi).
- “So Closely Intertwined”: Labor and Racial Solidarity, co-authored with Charlotte Garden, 81 GEORGE WASHINGTON LAW REVIEW 1135 (2013).
- Making Rights, 91 BOSTON UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW 405 (2012).
- The Open Road and the Traffic Stop, 64 FLORIDA LAW REVIEW 305 (2012).
- Civilizing Batson, 97 IOWA LAW REVIEW 1561 (symposium contribution) (2012).
- Is Marriage for Rich People? A Book Review of Ralph Richard Banks’ IS MARRIAGE FOR WHITE PEOPLE?, 44 CONNECTICUT LAW REVIEW 1311 (2012).
- Rethinking the Order of Battle in Constitutional Torts: A Reply to John Jeffries (colloquy essay), 105 NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW 969 (2011).
- The Persistent Gender Disparity in Student Note Publication, co-authored with Jennifer Mullins, 23 YALE JOURNAL OF LAW AND FEMINISM 385 (2011) (coauthored with Jennifer Mullins).
- Judicial Erasure of Mixed-Race Discrimination, 59 AMERICAN UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW 469 (2010).
- The Saucier Qualified Immunity Experiment: An Empirical Analysis, 36 PEPPERDINE LAW REVIEW 667 (2009).
- A Noteworthy Absence, 59 JOURNAL OF LEGAL EDUCATION 279 (2009).
- Note, Attorney-Client Privilege in the Public Sector: A Survey of Government Attorneys, 20 GEORGETOWN JOURNAL OF LEGAL ETHICS 163 (2007).
- Multiracial Identity and Affirmative Action, 12 UCLA ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN LAW JOURNAL 1 (2007).
- Note, Beyond Breimhorst: Appropriate Accommodation of Students with Learning Disabilities on the SAT, 57 STANFORD LAW REVIEW 2135 (2005).