Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
- Wind Power Growing Pains, 12/2015 Draft for article forhcoming in Chapman Nexus Journal 2016.
- The Superagency Solution, 46 McGeorge L. Rev. 189 (2015).
- Wind-Scattered Resources, in Transmission and Transport of Energy in the Western U.S. and Canada: A Law and Policy Road Map, 52 Idaho Law Review (2015).
- Solar Skyspace B, 14 Minn. J. L. Sci. & Tech. 389 (2014).
- Sins of the Father, , 1 Tex. A&M Real Prop L. J. 301 (2014).
- Selected Columns from The Scrivener: Modern Legal Writing, (2014).
- Rural Wind Windfalls, 23 The Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy 3, 401 (2014).
- E-Legislating, 92 Oregon L. Rev. (lead article) (2013).
- Converting Natural Resources into Electricity, co-authored with Robin Newmark, ROCKY MTN. MIN. L. FOUNDATION SPECIAL INSTITUTE ON RENEWABLE ELECTRIC ENERGY LAW, DEVELOPMENT, AND INVESTMENT Paper No. 2 Mineral Law Series Vol. 2013, No. 5.
- Managing the Dark Side of Trees, , co-authored with Dan Staley, SOLAR TODAY 28 (July/ August 2013).
- Good-bye Christopher Columbus Langdell?, , 43 Envt’l. L. Rep. 10475 (issue No. 6, June 2013).
- Be-aware of the Dark Side of Trees (2012).
- Renewable Energy Reader, Carolina Academic Press (2011).
- Book Review—Fuel Cycle to Nowhere: U.S. Law and Policy on Nuclear Waste Richard Burleson Stewart and Jane Bloom Stewart (Vanderbilt University Press 2011), 30 J. Energy Nat. Resources L __ 2012 (2011).
- Review of Split Estates, Movie Review (2010).
- Commercial Solar Power interests and PSCO’s “Solar Power Penalty”, (2010).
- Letter to Editor - Trees vs. air pollution, Denver Post, October 29, 2010, at 10B.
- Colorado Citations, 34 Colo. Law. 121 (Sept. 2005), reprinted in ROBERT MICHAEL LINZ, COLORADO LEGAL RESEARCH, part of Carolina Academic Press’s state Legal Research Series texts (2010).
- Review of “Dirty Business” by Bullfrog Films, (2010).
- Animal, Vegetable, Mineral - Wind? The Severed Wind Power Rights Conundrum , Washburn Law Journal, Vol. 49, p. 69 (2009).
- Jousting at Wind Mills: When Wind Power Development Collides With Oil, Gas, and Mineral Development , co-authored with Roderick E. Wetsel, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute, Vol. 55, No. 9 (2009) Also reprinted in Part I MMX No. 3 National Association of Division Order Analysts (NADOA) 29 (July/August/September 2010) and Part II (October/November/December 2010). Also reprinted in 35 E-Section Report, no. 3, of the Oil, Gas and Energy Law Resources Section of the State Bar of Texas (March 2011) www.oilgas.org.
- Guest Commentary—Retain Solar Access In Code, DENVER POST, October 28, 2009, at 11B.
- Fast-Food Government and Physician-Assisted Death: The Role of Direct Democracy in Federalism, (2007).
- Out of the Bottle: The Genie of Direct Democracy, 70 Albany L. Rev. 1045 (April 2007).
- The Scrivener, bimonthly column on legal writing for The Colorado Lawyer (from March 1991to March 2007).
- The United States as a Democratic Ideal? International Lessons in Referendum Democracy , Temple Law Review, Vol. 79, p. 821 (2006).
- State Ballot Initiatives in the Federal Preemption Equation: A Medical Marijuana Case Study, 40 Wake Forest L. Rev. 221 (Spring 2005).
- Are Some Words Better Left Unpublished?: Precedent and the Role of Unpublished Decisions, 3 J. Appellate Prac. & Process 397 (2001).
- Think Globally, Act Locally: The Role of State and Local Ballot Initiatives in International Environmental Law, Colo. J. Int’l Entl L. & Pol’y (2000 Yearbook).
- Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc., Colorado Appellate Handbook (Janice B. Davidson, J., ed., 3d ed., 2000) (K.K. DuVivier participated as an author in the revisions).
- By Going Wrong All Things Come Right: Using Alternative Initiatives to Improve Citizen Lawmaking, 63 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1185 (1995).
- We All Lose with Constitutional Amendment by Initiative, The Advocate, May 1993, at 3.
- Attorney Fees as Superfund Response Costs, Nat. Resources & Env’t, Summer 1991, at 34 (co-author).