Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
- Buyer’s Remorse? An Empirical Assessment of the Desirability of a Lawyer Career, co-authored with Ronit Dinovitzer & Bryant Garth, Journal of Legal Education, forthcoming.
- Foreword to Social Class, Race and Legal Education, co-authored with Catherine Smith, 88 Denv. U. L. Rev. (2012).
- So You Want to be a Lawyer? The Quest for Professional Status in a Changing Legal World, co-authored with Nancy Reichman, Fordham Law Review 2289 (April 2010).
- Exploring Inequality in the Corporate Law Firm Apprenticeship: Doing the Time, Finding the Love, co-authored with Bryant G. Garth, 22 Georgetown J. of Legal Ethics 4:1361 (November 2009).
- The Differential Valuation of Women's Work: a New Look at the Gender Gap in Lawyers' Incomes, Social Forces 88(2) 819–864, December 2009.
- Closing Remarks: Symposium – The Evolution of J.D. Programs – Is Non-Traditional Becoming More Traditional?, 38 Sw. L. Rev.4, 653 (2009).
- After the JD II: Second Results from a National Study of Legal Careers, The American Bar Foundation and The NALP Foundation for Law Career Research and Education 2009.
- Observations from the After the JD Survey of the Bar Class of 2000, co-authored with Robert L. Nelson, Ronit Dinovitzer, Bryant G. Garth, Gita Z. Wilder, 7Terry K. Adams, 24 QLR 539 QLR 2006 Symposium.
- Gender Penalties Revisited, co-authored with Nancy Reichman, 2004.
- Sticky Floors, Broken Steps, and Concrete Ceilings in Legal Careers, co-authored with Nancy J. Reichman, 14 Tex. J. Women & L. 27 Texas Journal of Women and the Law Fall 2004.
- After the JD: First Results of a National Study of Legal Careers, (2004).
- Recasting the Brass Ring: Deconstructing and Reconstructing Workplace Opportunities for Women Lawyers, co-authored with Nancy J. Reichman, 29 Cap. U. L. Rev. 923 Capital University Law Review 2002.
- Finding the Yellow Brick Road to Successful Law Practice, co-authored with Nancy Reichman, Paper presented at the Law & Society Annual Meeting, Chicago, Ill., May 1999.
- From Legal Realism to Law and Society: Reshaping Law for the Last Stages of the Social Activist State, co-authored with Bryant Garth, 32 Law and Society Review (2) 1998.
- Gender Penalties: The Results of the Careers and Compensation Study., co-authored with Cathlin Donnell and Nancy Reichman, Colorado Women's Bar Association, 1998.
- New Statuses and Structures in the Practice of Law, co-authored with Nancy Reichman, Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Law & Society Association, Snowmass, CO, June 1997.
- Tales from the Trenches: A Narrative Study of the State of the Adversary System, co-authored with Conley, Reichman, and O'Barr, July 1996 Annual Meeting of the Law and Society Association, Glasgow, Scotland.