Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Professor
- Endangered Species Act: Law, Policy and Perspectives, included in “Chapter 3: Critical Habitat” for the new ABA publication on the Endangered Species Act (November 2009).
- Muddled ruling on wetlands leaves nation with big mess, 6/26/06 BALTSUN 13A 2006 WLNR 11044467.
- What will it take for a really green Denver?, co-authored with Edward Ziegler and James Van Hemert, 7/30/06 DENVERPOST E01 2006 WLNR 13213644.
- Acting Too Hastily on Preble's Mouse, 2/25/05 RKYMN 48A 2005 WLNR 2904051.
- Natural Resources And Conservation Law: A Place-Based Book Of Problems And Cases, with Christine Klein and Bret Birdsong (2005).
- The Endangered Species Act in Major Acts Of Congress (2004).
- The Take Prohibition in Section 9 of the Endangered Species Act: Contradictions, Ugly Ducklings, and Conservation of Species, 34 ENVTL. L. 363 (2004).
- Why Environmental Lawyers Should Know (and Care) About Land Trusts and Their Private Land Conservation Transactions, 34 ENVTL L. RPTR. 10223 (2004)(with Nancy McLaughlin).
- Environmental Law entry in Encyclopaedia Britannica (2003)(with Celia Campbell-Mohn).
- ABA, Endangered Species Act: Law, Policy and Perspectives, Chapter 4 – Endangered Species Act: Critical Habitat, -2002.
- Property Rights and the Maintenance of Wildlife Habitat: The Case for Conservation Land Transactions, 38 Idaho L. Rev. 431 Idaho Law Review 2002 The 2002 Symposium Edition Biodiversity & its Effects on Private Property.
- Supreme Court Roundup: 2001-02, 34 NO. 1 ABA Trends 1 ABA Trends September/October, 2002.
- From Population Segregation to Species Zoning: The Evolution of Reintroduction Law Under Section 10(J) of the Endangered Species Act, 1 Wyo. L. Rev. 287 Wyoming Law Review 2001 Land & Water Law Division.
- Recovery Planning, the Courts and the Endangered Species Act, 16-FALL Nat. Resources & Env't 106 Natural Resources and Environment Fall, 2001 Feature.
- The Rhetoric of Delisting Species Under the Endangered Species Act: How to Declare Victory Without Winning the War, 31 ENVTL L. RPTR. 11302 (2001).
- The Endangered Species Act Issues: An Introduction, American Law Institute - American Bar Association Continuing Legal Education October, 2000 SF34 ALI-ABA 289 Federal Lands in the West Embarking on the New Millennium.
- ABA, NEPA Litigation Guide, Chapter 7 -- Decision Making and Judicial Review of Agency Decisions Under NEPA (1999).
- Talking About Wilderness, 76 U. DENVER L. REV. 335 (1999).
- Butterflies, Cave Spiders, Milk-Vetch, Bunchgrass, Sedges, Lilies, Checker-Mallows and Why the Prohibition Against Judicial Balancing of Harm Under the Endangered Species Act is a Good Idea, 22 WM. & MARY ENVIRONMENTAL LAW AND POLICY REV. 313 (1998).
- Four Failed Forest Standards: What We Can Learn from the History of the National Forest Management Act's Substantive Timber Management Provisions, 77 Or. L. Rev. 601 Oregon Law Review Summer 1998 Article.
- Saving the Preble's mouse can also enhance the Front Range, 3/19/98 DENVERPOST B11 1998 WLNR 544430.
- The Endangered Species Act: Impacts on Land Use and Development, Technical Paper No. 11, Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute (1998).
- Human Population and the Loss of Biological Diversity -- Two Aspects of the Same Problem, 7 INT. J. ENVIRONMENT AND POLLUTION 62 (1997).
- The United States Forest Service and National Park Service: Paradoxical Mandates, Powerful Founders, and the Rise and Fall of Agency Discretion, 74 Denv. U. L. Rev. 625 Denver University Law Review 1997 Symposium: the National Park System.
- Confronting Our Shared Legacy of Incongruous Land Ownership: Notes for a Research Agenda , 83 D.U. L. Rev. 1039 (1996).
- Public Good and Private Magic in the Law of Land Trusts and Conservation Easements: A Happy Present and a Troubled Future, 73 Denv. U. L. Rev. 1077 Denver University Law Review 1996 Environmental Law.
- The Road to Recovery: A New Way of Thinking About the Endangered Species Act, 23 ECOLOGY L. Q. 1 (1996).
- An Introduction to the Prohibition Against Takings in Section 9 of the Endangered Species Act of 1973: Learning to Live With a Powerful Species Preservation Law, 62 U. COLO. L. REV.109 (1991).
- A New Approach to Spanish and Mexican Land Grants and the Public Trust Doctrine: Defining the Property Interest Protected by the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, 33 UCLA L. REV. 1364 (1986).