Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
Charles W. Delaney Jr. Professor of Law
- Implicit Bias: BigLaw’s Diversity Problem, Hannah Garcia, Law Week Colorado, March 23, 2015 (discussing Prof. Wald’s work on identity capital and implicit bias).
- Difference Blindness vs. Bias Awareness: Why Law Firms with the Best of Intentions Have Failed to Create Diverse Partnerships, co-authored with Russell G. Pearce, Swethaa Ballakrishnen , 83 Fordham Law Review, 2407 (2015).
- BigLaw Identity Capital: Pink and Blue, Black and White, 83 Fordham L. Rev. 2509 (2015).
- Public Lawyers and Marijuana Regulation, co-authored with Sam Kamin, 23(1) The Public Lawyer 14 (2015).
- What’s Love Got to do with Lawyers? Thoughts on Relationality, Love, and Lawyers’ Work, co-authored with Russell G. Pearce, 17 Legal Ethics (2014).
- Resizing the Rules of Professional Conduct, 27 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 227 (2014).
- The Jewish Law Firm: Past and Present, JEWS IN THE LEGAL PROFESSION, 65-124 (Marc Galanter, et al eds., New Orleans: Quid Pro Press, 2014).
- Pitfalls for Pot Lawyers, co-authored with Sam Kamin, The National Law Journal (2013).
- Marijuana Lawyers: Outlaws or Crusaders?, co-authored with Sam Kamin, 91 Or. L. Rev. 869 (2013).
- Lawering for Groups: The Case of American Indian Tribal Attorneys, co-authored with Kristen A. Carpenter, 81 Fordham L. Rev. 3085 (2013).
- The Relational Infrastructure of Law Firm Culture and and Regulation: The Exaggerated Death of Big Law, co-authored with Russell G. Pearce, 42 Hofstra L. Rev. 109 (2013).
- Disclosure to Clients of the Use of Temporary Lawyers and Outsourcing, 41(4) Col. Law. 35 (2012).
- In-House Myths, 2012 Wis. L. Rev. 407.
- Smart Growth: The Large Law Firm in the Twenty-First Century, 80 Fordham L. Rev. 2867 (2012).
- Beyond Cardboard Lawyers in Legal Ethics, co-authored with Pearce G. Russell, 15 Legal Ethics 147 (reviewing W. BRADLEY WENDEL, LAWYERS AND FIDELITY TO LAW (2010) (2012).
- Looking Beyond Gender: Women’s Experiences at Law School, 48 Tulsa L. Rev. 27 (2012).
- Rethinking Lawyer Regulation: How a Relational Approach Would Improve Professional Rules and Roles, co-authored with Russell G. Pearce, 2012 Mich. St. L. Rev. 513.
- Federalizing Legal Ethics, Nationalizing Law Practice and the Future of the American Legal Profession in a Global Age, 48 San Diego L. Rev. 489 (2011).
- Non-Compete Agreements in Colorado, 40(6) Colorado Lawyer 63 (2011).
- A Primer on Diversity, Discrimination and Equality in the Legal Profession or Who is Responsible for Pursuing Diversity and Why, 24 Geo. J. Legal Ethics 1079 (2011).
- The Obligation of Lawyers to Heal Civic Culture: Confronting the Ordeal of Incivility in the Practice of Law, co-authored with Pearce, Russell G., 34 U. Ark. Little Rock L. Rev. 1 (2011).
- The Visibility of Socioeconomic Status and Class-Based Affirmative Action: A Reply to Professor Sander, 88 Denv. U. L. Rev. 861 (2011).
- Making Good Lawyers, co-authored with Russell G. Pearce, 9 U. St. Thomas L. J. 403 (2011).
- Glass-ceilings and Dead Ends: Professional Ideologies, Gender Stereotypes and the Future of Women Lawyers at Large Law Firms, 78 Fordham L. Rev. 2245 (2010).
- The Great Recession and the Legal Profession, 78 Fordham L. Rev. 2051 (2010).
- Should Judges Regulate Lawyers?, 42 McGeorge L. Rev. 2010 (2010).
- Partner Departures and Lateral Moves (Book Review), 39(8) Colo. Law. 127 (2010).
- The Other Legal Profession and the Orthodox View of the Bar: The Rise of Colorado’s Elite Law Firms, 80 U. Colo. L. Rev. 605 (2009).
- Loyalty In Limbo: The Peculiar Case of Attorneys’ Loyalty to Clients, 40 St. Mary's L. J. 909 (2009) (syposium issue).
- Book Review, 59 J. Legal Educ. 311 (2009) (reviewing Richard L. Abel, Lawyers in the Dock , 2008).
- Notes from Tsinghua: Law and Legal Ethics in Contemporary China, 23 Conn. J. Int'l L. 369 (2008).
- Taking Attorney-Client Communications (and Therefore Clients) Seriously, 42 U. S. F. L. Rev. 747 (2008).
- The Rise and Fall of the WASP and Jewish Law Firms, 60 Stan. L. Rev. 1803 (2008).
- The Rise of the Jewish Law Firm or Is the Jewish Law Firm Generic?, 76 UMKC L. Rev. 885 (2008).
- How We Got There?, Am. Lawyer (November 1, 2008) (exploring the relationship between investment banks and elite law firms).
- Disqualifying a District Attorney When a Government Witness Was Once the District Attorney's Client: The Law Between the Courts and the State, 85 Denv. U.L. Rev. 369 (2007).
- Lawyer Mobility and Legal Ethics: Resolving the Tension between Confidentiality and Contemporary Lawyers' Career Paths, 31 J. Legal Prof. 199 (2007).
- U.S. lawyers: Speak out, Nat'l L. J. (April 9, 2007).
- Lawyers and Corporate Scandals, 7 Legal Ethics 54 (2004).
- An Unlikely Knight in Economic Armor: "Law and Economics" in Defense of Professional Ideals, 31 Seton Hall L. Rev. 1042 (2001).