Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
- “Crimmigration” and the Right to Counsel at the Border Between Civil and Criminal Proceedings, 99 IOWA L. REV. 2131 (2014).
- Redress in State Postconviction Proceedings for Ineffective Crimmigration Counsel, 63 DEPAUL L. REV. 959 (2014).
- Brief of Amici Curiae Oregon Legal Academics and the Oregon Justice Resource Center (October 2, 2014).
- Litigating Immigration Detainer Issues, chapter in Immigration Law for the Colorado Practitioner, Colorado Bar Association (February 1, 2013).
- Federal Immigration Detainers After Arizona v. United States, 46 Loyola L.A. L. Rev. 629 (2013).
- Panel Discussion I: Understanding Immigration—Satisfying Padilla’s New Definition of Competence in Legal Representation, co-authored with Yolanda Vázquez and Jennifer Chacón, published symposium comments in 9 Tennessee Journal of Law and Policy (2013).
- Rendition Resistance, 92 N.C. L. REV. 101 (2013).
- Preempting Immigration Detainer Enforcement Under Arizona v. United States, 3 WAKE FOREST J. L. & POL’Y 281 (2013) (invited).
- The Future of Teague Retroactivity, or 'Redressability,' after Danforth v. Minnesota: Why Lower Courts Should Give Retroactive Effect to New Constitutional Rules of Criminal Procedure in Postconviction Proceedings, 46 American Criminal Law Review (2009).
- Enforcing the Limits of the Executive's Authority to Issue Immigration Detainers, 35 William Mitchell Law Review (2008).
- Initiating a New Constitutional Dialogue: The Increased Importance under AEDPA of Seeking Certiorari from Judgments of State Courts, co-authored with Giovanna Shay, 50 William & Mary Law (2008).