Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
Catherine E. Smith
Assoc Dean of Institutional Diversity and Inclusiveness, Associate Professor
- Equal Protection for Children of Same-Sex Parents, Washington University Law Review, forthcoming 2012.
- Foreword to Social Class, Race and Legal Education, co-authored with Joyce Sterling, 88 Denv. U. L. Rev. (2012).
- Seven Principles: Increasing Access to Law School Among Students of Color, 96 Iowa Law Review 1677 (2011).
- The Rights of the Child, 88 Denv. U. L. Rev. Online (2011).
- Equal Protection for Children of Gay and Lesbian Parents: Challenging the Three Pillars of Exclusion - Legitimacy, Dual-Gender Parenting, and Biology, 28 Law and Inequality 307 (2010).
- A Cautionary Tale: Obama’s Coalition, Anti-Subordination Principles and Proposition 8, 86 DENV. UNIV. L. REV. 819 (2008-2009).
- Unconscious Bias and “Outsider” Interest Convergence, 40 CONN. L. REV. 1077 (2008).
- John Calmore’s America, co-authored with Robert Chang, 86 N.C. L. REV. 739 (2008).
- Queer as Black Folk?, 2007 Wis. L. Rev.
- Peace and Protest: Can city officials force protesters to identify themselves by name?, INTELLIGENCE REPORT, No. 121, Spring 2006.
- The Group Dangers of Race-Based Conspiracies, 59 Rutgers Law Review 55 (2006).
- Citizens' Unrest: In Arizona, a county prosecutor opens the door for vigilante justice, INTELLIGENCE REPORT, No. 120, Winter 2005.
- (Un)masking Race-Based Intra-Corporate Conspiracies Under the Ku Klux Klan Act, 11 Va. J. Soc. Pol'y & L. 129 (2004).
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress: An Old Arrow Targets the New Head of the Hate Hydra, 80 Denv. U. L. Rev. 1 (2002).