Faculty & Staff Directory
Faculty PublicationsView Profile »
William M. Beaney Memorial Research Chair and Professor
- Free Speech and Instrumental Music, 66 Hastings L.J. ___ (forthcoming 2015).
- Rights Lawyer Essentialism: Reflections on Richard Thompson Ford’s Rights Gone Wrong, 111 Mich. L. Rev. 903 (2013).
- PUBLIC INTEREST LAWYERING: A CONTEMPORARY PERSPECTIVE, co-authored with Scott L. Cummings, (2013).
- Rosy Pictures and Renegade Officials: The Slow Death of Monroe v. Pape, 78 UMKCL.REV. 889 (2010).
- Bureaucracy and Distrust: Germaneness and the Paradoxes of Academic Freedom Doctrine, 77 U. Colo. L. Rev. 955 (2006).
- The Facts about Qualified Immunity, 55 Emory L.J. 229 (2006).
- Forced Patriot Acts, 81 Denv. U. L. Rev. 703 (2004).
- Foreword: Bill Beaney's Continuing Relevance, 81 Denv. U. L. Rev. 217 (2003).
- Statutory Speech Bubbles, First Amendment Overbreadth, and Improper Legislative Purpose, 38 Harv. C.R.-C.L. L. Rev. 31 (2003).
- Teens in the UV Tanning Booth? Tax the Tan, co-authored with with Dellavalle, RP, Schilling, LM, Hester, EJ, ARCHIVES OF PEDIATRIC AND ADOLESCENT MEDICINE 2003, 157: 845-846.
- Youth Access Laws: In the Dark at the Tanning Parlor, co-authored with with Dellavalle, Parker, Cersonsky, Hemme, Burkhardt, and Schilling, 139 ARCHIVES OF DERMATOLOGY 443 (April 2003).
- Liability of Private Firms Performing Public Functions, TRIAL, Oct. 1999, at 60.
- Shadow Law: Reasonable Unreasonableness, Habeas Theory, and the Nature of Legal Rules, 2 Buff. Crim. L. Rev 535 (1999).
- Constitutional Law, in 1997 ANNUAL SURVEY OF COLORADO LAW, (1997).
- The Burdens of Qualified Immunity: Summary Judgment and the Role of Facts in Constitutional Tort Law, 47 Am. U. L. Rev. 1 (1997).
- "Meet The New Boss . . . ", 73 Denv. U. L. Rev. 1253 (1996).
- The Ultimate Standard: Qualified Immunity in the Age of Constitutional Balancing Tests, 81 Iowa L. Rev. 261 (1995).
- Burns v. Reed--Narrowing the Prosecutor's Protection From Liability for Unconstitutional Conduct, 3 POLICE MISCONDUCT AND CIVIL RIGHTS LAW REPORT 121 (1991).
- Due Process As Consumer Protection: State Remedies For Distant Forum Abuse, 20 Akron L. Rev. 9 (1986).