Master of Science in Legal Administration MSLA
B.A., 1976, Michigan State University
M.B.A., 1980, University of Michigan
Ronald L. Seigneur is managing partner of Seigneur Gustafson LLP, a CPA firm located in Lakewood, Colorado. He is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) with the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, is a Senior Appraiser (ASA) from the American Society of Appraisers, and holds the AICPA specialty designations of Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF). Mr. Seigneur manages a diverse book of client matters including tax planning & compliance and financial reporting services for a wide range of professional practices and closely held business interests and previously worked in the oil and gas industry as a controller of a closely held exploration and production company based in Denver. Ron also specializes in law firm consulting and CPA services after serving as the legal administrator for a 50 attorney firm for over 6 years, with emphasis on compensation systems design and implementation, retreat facilitation, shareholder disputes, and profitability enhancement strategies. He has over 25 years experience working with complex valuation, commercial damages, forensic accounting, and related litigation support matters, with significant experience as a testifying expert in numerous jurisdictions. Ron has served as Special Master, trustee, receiver and arbitrator. He has published over 80 articles on law firm practice management, business valuation and related subjects, and has developed & taught a number of law firm management, leadership, and advanced business valuation courses for the AICPA, NACVA, Association of Legal Administrators, CLE of Colorado, the Environmental Protection Agency and state Bar Associations.
Mr. Seigneur is co-author of Financial Valuation: Applications and Models, Second Edition, a 1300+ treatise on business valuation published by John Wiley & Sons and is a charter member of the Financial Consulting Group. He is a past chair of the AICPA ABV Credential Committee, NACVA Professional Standards Committee, and has been a member of the AICPA Business Valuation Committee, and the AICPA Consulting Services Executive Committee. Mr. Seigneur is a past chair of the board of directors of the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants and was inducted in 2006 as a member of the AICPA Business Valuation Hall of Fame, is a fellow of the College of Law Practice Management, and is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Denver, College of Law where he teaches financial, management and leadership courses. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management from Michigan State University, and a Master of Business Administration in Corporate Policy and Finance from the University of Michigan.
- Dec. ’08 BVR Goodwill Guide – Reasonable Compensation and the Productivity Adjustment
- Nov. ’08 ABA Family Law Advocate – Show me the Money – Defining Income in Magazine: Marital Dissolution Matters
- Aug. ’06 Colorado Lawyer Magazine – Succession Planning for Law Firms and Attorneys
- Sept ’06 Mile High ALA Chapter – Tips and Techniques to Optimize Success Newsletter: When Integrating Law Practices
- Sept ’10 Creating a Revenue Focused Law Firm, ALA Region 3 Conference, Chicago, IL
- Sept ’10 Evaluating and Implementing Alternative Billing Methods, ALA Region 4 Conference, Dallas, TX
- Nov ’10 Business Valuation Resources, Reasonable Compensation: Applications and Analysis for Valuation, Management and Taxation
- Dec ’10 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. – Financial Valuation: Applications & Models – 3rd Edition Co-author of 1300+ page treatise on business valuation science