View Now »
Legal Ethics and Legal Profession
Family and Domestic Relations
Professor Aviel is a graduate of Yale College and Harvard Law School. She clerked for Judge Barry Silverman of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and practiced in the litigation department of Morrison & Foerster in San Francisco. She also spent two years as a staff attorney for the Ninth Circuit, specializing in civil rights, immigration, habeas corpus, and criminal appeals. Professor Aviel’s research and teaching interests include family law, legal profession and professional responsibility, and constitutional law.
- Counsel for the Divorce, 55 Boston College L. Rev. ___ (forthcoming September 2014).
- A New Formalism for Family Law, 55 William and Mary L. Rev. 2003 (2014).
- Why Civil Gideon Won’t Fix Family Law, 122 Yale L.J. 2106 (2013).
- The Boundary Claim’s Caveat: Lawyers and Confidentiality Exceptionalism, 86 Tul. L. Rev. 1055 (2012).
- When the State Demands Disclosure, 33 Cardozo L. Rev. 675 (2011).