Advanced Immigration Law
View Now »
Professor Tsankov was appointed as a U.S. Immigration Judge in November 2006. Currently, she serves as Chair of the Office of the Chief Immigration Judge (OCIJ) Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) Precedent Committee, and as a Denver Pro Bono Committee Liaison Judge.
In her personal capacity, she serves as President of the Federal Bar Association (FBA) Colorado Chapter, and Secretary of the FBA Immigration Law Section. She was appointed as a Liaison Member to the Colorado Chief Justice’s Commission on the Legal Profession. She received a Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia, School of Law, and a Master of Arts degree from the University of Virginia, Woodrow Wilson Department of Politics.
- “Tipsy: A Sobering Look at the Effects of Alcohol-Related Incidents in Immigration Removal Proceedings”
59:8 The Federal Lawyer Magazine
Reprinted in Bender’s Immigration Bulletin, October 2012
- “A New Take on the Top Ten Rules for Court and Professional Life”
89 U. Denver L. Rev. 1 (October 2012)
- “Measured Enforcement: A Policy Shift in the ICE 287(g) Program”
31 U. La Verne L. Rev. 403 (2010)
- “Incompetent Respondents in Removal Proceedings”
Immigration Law Advisor, U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, 3:1, 2009 Article cited by the U.S. Department of Justice Immigration Judge Bench Book
- Contributing Editor, U.S. Department of Justice Immigration Judge Bench Book