Trusts and Estates
View Now »
Lucy A. Marsh
Estates and Trusts
B.A., 1963, Smith College
J.D., 1966, University of Michigan
Lucy Marsh teaches courses in Civil Procedure, Property, and Trusts & Estates. She is Director of the Wills Lab – a practicum in which law students who have taken Trusts & Estates work with practicing attorneys to provide low income clients with individually drafted wills, durable powers of attorney for medical matters, living wills, and burial instructions.
The Denver Bar Association awarded Prof. Marsh the pro bono service award several years ago. While she was a law student Lucy was instrumental in establishing the first legal aid clinic for Ann Arbor, Michigan. She served on the board for Metropolitan Denver Legal Aid for ten years, was appointed as a Commissioner on the Colorado Real Estate Commission, and elected to the Title Standards Committee of the Real Estate Law & Titles Section of the Colorado Bar Association, and the Board of Governors of the Colorado Bar Association.
- The Demise of Dynasty Trusts: Returning the Wealth to the Family,, 5 Est. Plan. & Community Prop. L.J. 23 (2012).
- Drafting Wills and Trusts, Vandeplas Publishing (2009).
- Practical Applications of the Law: Wills, Trusts & Estates, Aspen Law and Business (1998).
- Practical Applications of the Law: Real Property Transactions, Little, Brown & Co. (1992).
- Thompson G. Marsh, 31-JUL Colo. Law. 13 Colorado Lawyer July, 2002 Six of the Greatest: A Tribute to Outstanding Lawyers in Colorado History.