J. Robert Brown, Jr.
Corporations and Corporate Governance
For more than two decades, J. Robert Brown has taught corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on corporate governance. He has authored numerous publications in the area and several of his articles have been cited by the US Supreme Court. Brown has also spent considerable time abroad, particularly in the former Soviet Union, advising governments in these areas. From 2000 – 2004, Brown served the University of Denver Sturm College of Law as an associate dean for academic affairs. He is an arbitrator for the FINRA and, among other outside activities, serves as the chairman of the board of directors of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless.
- The Future Direction of Delaware Law (Including a Brief Exegesis on Fee Shifting Bylaws), 92 Denver University Law Review Online 14 (2015).
- Brief for Amici Curiae Scholars of the Constitutional Rights of Children in Support of Respondent Edith Windsor Addressing the Merits and Supporting Affirmance, co-authored with Catherine Smith, Kyle Velte, Susannah Pollvogt, Tanya Washington, (2015).
- Comment on Rule 14a-8(i)(9), Securities and Exchange Commission, June 30, 2015, (2015).
- Comment Letter on Rule 14a-8(I)(10), Securities & Exchange Commission, June 18, 2015, (2015).
- Legislative Proposals to Modernize Business Development Companies and Expand Investment Opportunities, Testimony Before the House Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises, (2015).