J. Robert Brown, Jr.
Corporations and Corporate Governance
For more than two decades, J. Robert Brown has taught corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on corporate governance. He has authored numerous publications in the area and several of his articles have been cited by the US Supreme Court. Brown has also spent considerable time abroad, particularly in the former Soviet Union, advising governments in these areas. From 2000 – 2004, Brown served the University of Denver Sturm College of Law as an associate dean for academic affairs. He is an arbitrator for the FINRA and, among other outside activities, serves as the chairman of the board of directors of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless.
- Comment on SEC Release No. 33-9929, Effectiveness of Financial Disclosures about Entities Other than the Registrant , co-authored with Joseph V. Carcello, January 13, 2016.
- Protecting Shareholders from Themselves: The Sec and Restrictions on Shareholder Voting Rights, (2016).
- The Evolving Role of Rule 14a-8 in the Corporate Governance Process, 93 DU L. Rev. Online 151 (2016).
- Comment Letter on the Need for Environmental, Social and Governance Disclosure, October 3, 2016.
- The Future Direction of Delaware Law (Including a Brief Exegesis on Fee Shifting Bylaws), 92 Denver University Law Review Online 14 (2015).