J. Robert Brown, Jr.
Corporations and Corporate Governance
Chauncey Wilson Memorial Research Chair
For more than two decades, J. Robert Brown has taught corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on corporate governance. He has authored numerous publications in the area and several of his articles have been cited by the US Supreme Court. Brown has also spent considerable time abroad, particularly in the former Soviet Union, advising governments in these areas. From 2000 – 2004, Brown served the University of Denver Sturm College of Law as an associate dean for academic affairs. He is an arbitrator for the FINRA and, among other outside activities, serves as the chairman of the board of directors of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless.
- The Proxy Plumbing Release Revisited and the Need for Version 2.0, 91 Denv. U. L. Rev. Online (2014).
- Essay: Law Faculty Blogs and Disruptive Innovation, 2 Journal of Law (1. J. Legal Metrics) 525 (2013).
- Introduction: The JOBS Act, Denver University Law Review Online (April 2013).
- Administrative Law: A Casebook , co-authored with Roberto Corrada and Bernard Schwartz, 8th edition, Wolters Kluwer (forthcoming December 2013).
- Data Collection, the SEC, and Regulation D: A Comment on Securities Act Release No. 9416, comment letter to the Securities and Exchange Commission (October 28, 2013).