César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández
Visiting Assistant Professor
Boston College Law School, JD, 2007
Brown University, AB, 2002
César Cuauhtémoc García Hernández is a visiting professor at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and an associate professor at Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio. He publishes crImmigration.com, a blog about the convergence of criminal and immigration law that has been featured on SCOTUSblog and was named one of the best law blogs of 2012 by the ABA Journal. His academic interests also center on crImmigration, including teaching a seminar on the topic and having published articles about the right to counsel for immigrants in the criminal justice system, immigration imprisonment, and race-based immigration policing in the Maryland Law Review, BYU Law Review, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, Harvard Latino Law Review, Columbia Journal of Race and Law, and Berkeley Law Raza Law Journal, among others. In addition to teaching a crImmigration seminar, he teaches Immigration Law, and Torts.
- Naturalizing Immigration Imprisonment, 103 California Law Review --- (forthcoming 2015).
- CrImmigration Law (American Bar Association Publishing forthcoming 2014).
- Immigration Detention As Punishment, 61 UCLA Law Review 1346 (2014).
- Invisible Spaces and Invisible Lives In Immigration Detention, 57 Howard Law Journal 869 (2014).
- Creating CrImmigration, 2013 Brigham Young University Law Review 1457.