Thank you for considering the Master of Science in Legal Administration program.
- The following will provide you with useful information on Colorado, moving to Denver, the University of Denver, the College of Law, and other aspects of studying in our city.
The College of Law
- The new University of Denver College of Law building is the nation’s first certified “green” law school. Consistent with its century-plus leadership in environmental and natural resources law and ethics, DU is “practicing what it preaches” – creating a state-of-the-art law center that is also visionary in terms of human health and environmental protection.
- With the enthusiastic support of the Chancellor and Dean, the new COL is the first ever built to the exacting standards of the U.S. Green Building Council’s “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design” (LEED) green building certification system. LEED requirements include environmental architecture and design, sustainable site management, transportation alternatives, water conservation, energy efficiency, environmentally safe materials, recycling, indoor air quality control, and innovation in design.
Colorado and Denver Resources
- To learn more about our state, please visit the official website of the state of Colorado at http://www.colorado.gov »
- Ski Resorts
Colorado is known for some of the best slopes in the country. To learn more about each ski resort visit http://www.coloradoski.com/page/resorts
- Colorado Culture and Tourism
Colorado is always hosting events and cultural affairs every month. Check out this website for more information http://www.colorado.com/
- Colorado State Parks
Our state is known for our beautiful parks. Visit this site for more information http://www.colorado.com/
- To learn more about our city, please visit the official website of the city of Denver at http://www.denvergov.org »
Denver Culture and Tourism
- Denver constantly has things going on each day. Check out this site for more information http://www.denver.org/
- Denver is home to many professional sport teams
- Denver Broncos http://www.denverbroncos.com/
- Colorado Rockies http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=col
- Denver Nuggets http://www.nba.com/nuggets/schedule/
- Colorado Rapids http://www.coloradorapids.com/
- Colorado Mammoth http://www.coloradomammoth.com/
- Colorado Avalanche http://avalanche.nhl.com/
- On-campus* housing is limited and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Apply early! http://www.du.edu/housing.html »
- Off-campus* housing is available through out the Denver-metro area. Apartment prices vary, but there is one to fit every budget. University of Denver has compiled resources to provide assistance, please visit http://www.du.edu/och/ »
University of Denver Resources
- Counseling services include individual, couple, family, and group counseling for students who may experience difficulties adjusting to life in graduate school. For further information, contact our Counseling Center: 303.871.3511 or 303.871.6888.
- Dining at the University Park campus includes the Centennial Hall and the Johnson-McFarlane cafeteria, and the Driscoll Commons and Sidelines Pub at the Driscoll Center. Our College offers an extensive menu at their cafeteria also. Students may choose a semester meal plan, cash discount coupon book, cash sale, or university debit card. Additionally, fine dining throughout the Denver Metropolitan Area is abundant.
Disabled Persons’ Resources
- The University of Denver strives to assist students with disabilities in successful completion of their academic studies. If you are a student with disabilities, please contact the MSLA office to make appropriate arrangements regarding class schedules, examination accommodations, and other auxiliary aids and services. In accordance with the MSLA program’s educational mission, reasonable accommodations will be made when supported by appropriate professional documentation.
Health Services & Insurance
- Health Services for MSLA students is available at the University Park campus. For an optional health fee, students are entitled to a wide variety of benefits at the Health Services Center. Those who wish to waive fee may still use the student health services on a fee-for-service basis. For more information on health insurance offered by our university please visit http://www.du.edu/healthservices/feefacts.html »
- The Penrose Library houses 2.5 million volumes of material, including books, periodicals, and microform titles. Access to major library collections in the Denver area is available through the Public Access Catalogue System.
Westminster Law Library
- The College of Law’s Westminster Law Library provides an enriching academic atmosphere suited to the MSLA student’s specialized needs. The law library’s core collection exceeds 300,000 volumes, while the online research system provides access to LEXIS/NEXIS, WESTLAW, DIALOG, and Legaltrac. Classroom or individual instruction is available through the library staff.
The University of Denver
- For more information on the University of Denver, click here »