- MSLA Program
- Admissions Information
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Contact MSLA
Tuition Due Dates
Tuition is billed each semester and is due to the University ten days before the start of classes. Tuition due dates are published by the Bursar’s Office.
Financial Aid Disbursement
Financial Aid disburses to your tuition account ten days before the start of classes, provided you have completed all your loan requirements and are enrolled in at least four credits.
- To check that you have completed all your loan requirements, go to the Student tab of webCentral.
Financial Aid Refunds
For students who are borrowing loans over the cost of tuition, financial aid refunds typically begin to be processed five to six days prior to the start of classes. Refund dates are published by the Bursar’s Office website.
- You can sign up to receive your refund via direct deposit by going to the Student tab of webCentral, by selecting “Update Bank Account” under the My Statement
- If you choose to not set up direct deposit, your refund will be mailed to the mailing address DU has on file for you. Please make sure your address is up to date by going to the Student tab of webCentral! Not updating your mailing address will significantly delay receipt of your refund.
Changes in Enrollment (continuing students only)
Your Cost of Attendance and financial aid awards are based on enrollment of 12-15 credits for Day students and 8-11 credits for Evening Students. The Office of Financial Aid checks enrollment at the end of the 100% add/drop period for each semester and adjusts your financial aid to reflect your actual enrollment.
If you are a Day student enrolled in less than 12 credits or an Evening student enrolled in less than eight credits, your cost of attendance and loan eligibility will be decreased. If you have already received a refund from your financial aid, this may mean that you will owe a balance to DU for the amount that was overpaid to your account.
- To check that your Cost of Attendance (COA) is correct for your enrollment, you can go to the Student tab in webCentral and select “Financial Aid Status” under the Financial Aid Requirements section.
- To view the COA for the 2014-2015 academic year, please click here.
Adding Credits after your Refund is Issued
Tuition is billed per credit hour. If you add credits after your refund has been issued for the term, you will receive a bill for these credits and will need to make a payment to the Bursar’s Office.
Tuition Refund Policy
Students can receive a full refund for courses dropped in the first two weeks of classes in Fall and Spring semesters and in the first week of classes in the Summer semester. The Registrar’s Office publishes the last day to drop classes with a full refund on their calendar for each term. No refunds will be given for courses dropped after these dates.