- Library Services
- About the Library
Access PolicyWho Can Use the Westminster Law Library:
- Current students, faculty & staff of Sturm College of Law, University of Denver
- Current students, faculty & staff of the University of Denver
- Sturm College of Law alumni
- Licensed attorneys conducting legal research
All individuals must present a valid ID when entering the Law Library.
- University of Denver students, faculty, and staff with a current Pioneer ID card can access the law library’s main doors electronically by tapping their ID card on the keypad by the entrance.
- Sturm College of Law alumni must present their driver’s license upon entry. Once the patron’s alumni status has been verified by library staff, the patron will be asked to complete the sign-in sheet at the circulation desk.
- Licensed attorneys must present their driver’s license and bar ID card upon entry. Once the patron’s bar status has been verified by library staff, the patron will be asked to complete the sign-in sheet at the circulation desk.
Bar Examination Preparation
Twice a year, the Westminster Law Library extends access to non-DU law school graduates who are preparing for the Colorado Bar Examination during the two months immediately preceding each exam. Please alert the circulation assistant on duty to gain access and complete the sign in sheet and affiliation at the circulation desk.
Preparing for law school exams can be an intense and daunting experience requiring long stretches of concentrated study. Therefore, during the reading and exam periods in the fall and spring semesters, library access will only be granted to the students, faculty, and staff of the Sturm College of Law.
Children in the Law Library
Children ages 16 and under generally are not allowed in the Law Library without special permission. Once permission is granted, children must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian who is an approved user the Law Library.
Westminster Law Library is not open to the general public.
For individuals seeking access to legal resources, we recommend contacting the Colorado Supreme Court Library. Located on the first floor of the Ralph L. Carr Judicial Center in downtown Denver, the Colorado Supreme Court Library is open to the public from Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Colorado Supreme Court Library
2 East 14th Ave., Denver, CO 80203
Federal Depository Library